Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Is there any sports franchise anywhere...

gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
... in ANY sport, more hated than Duke???

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Hey, i have them going all the way in my bracket....they more they win...the more money i win :)
  • Options
    And in response....yes....Dallas Cowboys.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    The Yankees. And the Patriots.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Lots of folks seem to have a hate on for ND football. Sorry domers...
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    ljl:
    +1. For every ND fan I meet, there's 2 haters...... I know it's got something to do with all the hype and favoritism for bowl selection. But you see that sh** all the time in college sports. Comes with the territory, in my opinion. Money is money no matter what level you're at. And one thing ND generates is lots of moolah.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I second Duke and the Dallas Cowboys.. there's just something about them that makes people want to punch a baby
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99:
    that makes people want to punch a baby

HA!! I'm so using that line today!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    How bout Yankees or Red Sox? Hated franchises plus their fans are usually unbearable.
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    Yankees.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    The Yankees and the Cowboys take the cake. Actually, I'd say the Cowboys. I don't know of many teams that are hated by their own home state. Of course, the Dallas area has the worst sports fan I've ever seen, so I could be wrong.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    There is no team I hate more than the NY Giants. I hate them with my entire being. The Cowboys are a close second, and the Yankees take up the third spot. It's kinda a tie between UNC and Duke for the 4th spot though so I know what you mean...
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    BAMA. Or Florida. I'm an LSU fan though so I'm biased.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    illinoisgolf99:
    I second Duke and the Dallas Cowboys.. there's just something about them that makes people want to punch a baby
    LMAO @ illinoisgolf99!!! I never thought about punching a baby... but when I ready your line and then thought about Duke immediately after.... yeah, I think I got it in me! :-)

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    This is great, I didn't realize that so many people hated the Red Sox and Patriots. I guess you don't see it when they're your home team. Personally, I can't stand the NJ Devils. God their defend style of hockey is so damn boring to watch.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    From the website thetop13.com..
    13-North Carolina Basketball
    12-New York Knicks
    11-Green Bay Packers
    10-Florida Football
    9-Los Angeles Lakers
    8-New England Patriots
    7-USC Football
    6-Philadelphia Eagles
    5-Notre Dame Football
    4-Dallas Cowboys
    3-Boston Red Sox
    2-Duke Basketball
    1- New York Yankees !!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I can understand the pats, but the sox??? Why - the Yankees are so much more Hateable!.... yeah the Yankees are more hateable than Duke.

• Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Fourtotheflush:
    I can understand the pats, but the sox??? Why - the Yankees are so much more Hateable!.... yeah the Yankees are more hateable than Duke.

It's because the Bosox's close association with the Yanks. And they went from the lovable losers to powerhouse club in only a few years. And there's a ton of Yankee fans out there.
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    university of missery (mizzou)...of course I have a completely bias opinion, but as soon as I see someone with a mizzou shirt/hat/bumper sticker I want to hate them.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    txjayhawk:
    university of missery (mizzou)...of course I have a completely bias opinion, but as soon as I see someone with a mizzou shirt/hat/bumper sticker I want to hate them.
    yeah, but they suck
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    txjayhawk:
    yeah, but they suck
    totally agree...those cousin lovin fools used to throw piss balloons and batteries as us. 10 yr old kid threw a rock at my mom, too. ***Colombia, where men are lonely and sheep are scared.***
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Not so much any more, but the University of Miami's football team was one of the most hated sports teams of all times back in the day. They were the firsts in football to really start the excessive celebration and are the primary reason why no celebrations of any sort are tolerated in today's game. They were loved by their own fans but hated by all others.

They were also known as one of the dirtiest playing teams under Larry Coker as they accumulated more personal fouls than any other on a regular basis.

I personally still hate them, but I'm a Hokie so I'm supposed to. Not really because of anything mentioned above, it's just the whole rivalry thing.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    ljl:
    Plus another. I hate ND football. You were good back in the fifties. Shut the eff up
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    Fourtotheflush:
    txjayhawk:
    yeah, but they suck
    totally agree...those cousin lovin fools used to throw piss balloons and batteries as us. 10 yr old kid threw a rock at my mom, too. ***Colombia, where men are lonely and sheep are scared.***
    I also agree with that. Though I might be a bit biased because I bleed Husker Red. Fu©king Chase Daniels getting pissy because he got touched by a linemen. Sumbitch should be glad he wasn't playing for mizzou this year. Suh would have made him his own personal bit©h just like McCoy in the big 12 game.
  • Options
    Thewelder:
    txjayhawk:
    Fourtotheflush:
    txjayhawk:
    yeah, but they suck
    I also agree with that. Though I might be a bit biased because I bleed Husker Red. Fu©king Chase Daniels getting pissy because he got touched by a linemen. Sumbitch should be glad he wasn't playing for mizzou this year. Suh would have made him his own personal bit©h just like McCoy in the big 12 game.
    I really enjoyed playing against Suh and his big *** counterpart, both were very good and not cheap shot b!tches like most DT's in the Big 12...I just love that the last big 12 game I ever played we beat missery! haha....and Chase cried all the way home as he ate his freakn buggars. It does make me sick that he has a Super Bowl ring though.