Home Ratings & Reviews

cain

hello, its been a very long time since i posted and i am drunk so please forgive the typing mistakes. i am having a cain right now and i must say it is a great cigar. my tastebuds are very dead since sometime last year but what i get out of this cigar is a nice sweet spice and earthy taste. a veery rewarding and i must say a relaxing smoke. first time in a long time i actually want to nub a cigar. i am sure there has been plenty said about tghis cigar but i havent been on here for a while so i am sure there is a lot of positive feedback. i have been smokingt cigars for probably over 3 + years now. i am sure its not a new blend but it tastes very good. i had a mount gay rum and pepsi with this cigar and paired very well with each other. now there is i am certain other cigars that taste the same out of 100s of other cigars but thatb doesnt take away from this cigar. will i buy more of the cain, sure but i am a cheap a** so yes and no. over all a very nice and RELAXING cigar.

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Drunk typing at it's finest! LOL!

Still a pretty good review, though. I don't think you'll find many people on here that'll disagree with you. The Cain line is probably one of my all-time favorites. I like the F the most. If it were just a hair cheaper, I'd buy them by the truckload. But as it stands, they are a once-in-a-while treat for me. Which is probably a good thing because I appreciate them more.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Drunken cigar reviews don't seem to lend themselves to the "I did what last night" scenario as so many other things tend to do. Good review, but rum and Pepsi? I mean really, Pepsi...
  • Well it was 2 liter from easter. Soda in 2 liters go flat the next day so had to hurry up and polish it off.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to JZ I just got a Cain sampler, I can't wait to try the new Cain F. I also enjoyed the Habano and Maduro, so now it will be interesting to see how well they age.

"Long ashes my friends."

Duplicate post

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    Thanks to JZ I just got a Cain sampler, I can't wait to try the new Cain F. I also enjoyed the Habano and Maduro, so now it will be interesting to see how well they age.
    If you enjoyed the Habano and Maduro, you'll love the F. Take your time with it, though. It's pretty powerful. Made me a little dizzy, but in a good way.
    I don't know why, but everytime I hear the name Cain, I think of RoboCop 2...I am an odd man.

"Long ashes my friends."

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    I don't know why, but everytime I hear the name Cain, I think of RoboCop 2...I am an old man.
    Fixed it for ya..
    cabinetmaker:
    Krieg:
    I don't know why, but everytime I hear the name Cain, I think of RoboCop 2...I am an old man.
    Fixed it for ya..
    HA, you got jokes!

"Long ashes my friends."

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Krieg:
    Fixed it for ya..
    I think of Biblical Cain, that must make me ancient.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    cabinetmaker:
    Krieg:
    Fixed it for ya..
    I think of Biblical Cain, that must make me ancient.
    I think of Kwai Chang Caine... David Carradine's Kung- Fu character.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    lilwing88:
    Krieg:
    If you enjoyed the Habano and Maduro, you'll love the F. Take your time with it, though. It's pretty powerful. Made me a little dizzy, but in a good way.
    I fear all things Cain
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy a good cain chair! Allows your salty nuts to breath.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Not to necro an old thread but I smoked a Cain Habano tonight and I was kind of disappointed, it was nice and strong as I expected but I felt it was a one-dimensional cigar not that its a bad thing I guess I was expecting more... I do have a Cain F as well so I hope that one has a little more to it.. maybe it was just my current taste to why I felt this was one dimensional so I'll buy another when I hit my B&M about a month from now since thanks to them and The Beard my bank account is about bone dry.. comment if you think I am wrong. I really want to know if it's just me or if others felt this way too.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Hayblet:
    Not to necro an old thread but I smoked a Cain Habano tonight and I was kind of disappointed, it was nice and strong as I expected but I felt it was a one-dimensional cigar not that its a bad thing I guess I was expecting more... I do have a Cain F as well so I hope that one has a little more to it.. maybe it was just my current taste to why I felt this was one dimensional so I'll buy another when I hit my B&M about a month from now since thanks to them and The Beard my bank account is about bone dry.. comment if you think I am wrong. I really want to know if it's just me or if others felt this way too.

I had one of these last week and loved it, but I do agree it was one dimensional. But, as it was that's exactly what I was looking for. I've been taking a step back from trying to actively hunt for flavors in a cigar, and I'm finding that as a result my cigar time is much more "meditative". My thoughts are that if a stogie has some flavor that wants to sit up and talk, I'll notice it whether I'm looking for it or not (Padron 64 had lots to say, even though I wasn't concentrating on the flavors).

So to reign back in, I had a similar experience as you did with the Cain Habano flavor-wise, but I enjoyed the consistency of it.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    Hayblet:
    havnt had the Habano, but I have had a bunch of Maduro's and F's. Thought the maduro was very nice. It has a little hit of sweetness, kind of like a rich coco. But the F is in a whole different ballpark. I loved it. Rich smooth tastes that continue and intensify as you get to the nub. I have one more F that has been hiding in my humi with a good amount of age on it. Cant wait to get over this pollen crap so I can smoke it. Also, I have had both the rubusto and the torpedo and i have to say I enjoy the torps better. In fact I seem to like torps in all of the fuller bodied cigars...not sure y?
    Hayblet:
    The Habano and F are very different, for sure. The Habano is the mild side of Cain. I like it, but it in no way compares to the F. The F is a powerhouse, while the Habano is a morning smoke, in comparison.