Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

my first maduro

I just smoked a Macanudo Maduro. Let me start off by saying I just started smoking cigars. I always loved the smell of cigars and I have had 1 or 2 years ago but this was the second one i have had recently. I had and Xikar on monday but I didn't enjoy it that much. The Macanudo I have to say I did enjoy. I've read the reveiws on here and all I can say is that the flaver was a bit bland especially twoard the end. However, after this smoke I can understand why so many ppl love cigars. I bought padilla top 10 sampler, the salomon sampler, and the 92 rated double stick w/ humidor. Unfortanitly I didn't do enough research on humidors before I placed my order but was told i could put my sticks in a tubaware container with bags they are packed in till the humidor is seasoned. Anyway I'm ramboling but i can't wait more the sticks so i can enjoy another smoke!

Comments

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Wecome to the forum my friend. If you have a taist for maduro's then try the NUB maduro. Awesome smoke.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    While the Nub maduro does have a very maduro-y taste to it, I'm not a huge fan. One cigar that, to me, really embodies what a maduro is all about is...wait for it...the CAO Anniversary maduro, very smooth, almost creamy smoke with a cedar taste on the end of it. Another good one is the Perdomo Reserve 10th maduro, that one recently became my favorite in the 10th Reserve line, fantastic cigar.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Welcome to the forums! I agree with Jozer on the CAO Aniv Maduro. Tried one last week and it was great! I now have 10 resting in the humi for future enjoyment. Tonight I just had my second Perdomo Habano Maduro and it was very good as well, pretty chocolaty, which is a quality i like in a maduro.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Anything affiliated with Oliva that's a maduro is aces in my book.

Other very good maduros for the budget minded:

Gurkha Cuban Legacy
    Indian Tabac
    5 Vegas A
    Diesel
    The Edge
    El Legendario
    Punch Rothschild
    Arturo Fuente Maduro Rothschild

Wanna splurge? Go with these:

Ashton
    Gurkha Legend
    Gurkha Black Dragon
    Camacho Triple Maduro
    Anejo
    La Aurora Preferido Maduro

Those are just a few of my personal recommendations. Welcome to the forums.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    The first maduro to hook me was a Montesino (by Fuente). Very mild and inexpensive.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    My first maduro was back in about 1993, it was horrible. I don't remember what it was, but it was awful.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I just had a Chateau Fuente Maduro and, in my book, it was VERY similar to the Ashton Aged Maduro at half the price... the ironic thing is I had the same tight draw issue with both cigars. I am assuming the draw issues were isolated issues for each stick and have more of each resting in the Humi...
    even WITH the super tight draw, these are 2 of my very favorite sticks... Also LOVE the Oliva O Maduro...
    the more I smoke the more I am realizing that I love maduro wrappers...
  • Options
    I have been smoking a lotta A. Fernandez Sig maduros lately, and they are just wonderful for less than $2.50/stick. Nice full flavors, full body, great construction, can't seem to find anything wrong with them
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    cabinetmaker:
    I have been smoking a lotta A. Fernandez Sig maduros lately, and they are just wonderful for less than $2.50/stick. Nice full flavors, full body, great construction, can't seem to find anything wrong with them
    I've been wondering about those... I LOVE the Habano... so you're sayin I have to buy some? like I HAVE to? you'll have me removed from the boards if I don't buy some? FINE... I'll email the Beard for a 5 pack... i hope you're happy
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    My first maduro was a Fuente 858. Very tasty stick.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    robbyras:
    cabinetmaker:
    I've been wondering about those... I LOVE the Habano... so you're sayin I have to buy some? like I HAVE to? you'll have me removed from the boards if I don't buy some? FINE... I'll email the Beard for a 5 pack... i hope you're happy
    rofl.
    I haven't tried the Signature Maduro yet. It's on the list. :)
  • Options
    all of these sound great and i can't wait to try them. i just had a Perdomo Habano Maduro tonight that i got in a sampler from ccom and I think I liked it more than the Macanudo cus there seemed to be more flavor.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    It wasn't my first maduro but I really enjoyed the Gurkha Signature 101 maduro I picked up from CCOM's you-pick Gurkha sampler. I liked it so much that I've been letting the second one rest waiting for a good day to smoke it to verify whether it's really that good of a smoke or if was something in the air/scotch when I smoked the first one. Fuller bodied smoke but creamy, tasty and with loads of smoke.

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The Macanduo Maduro was also my first Maduro. I was quite surprised on how sweet it was. I was naive at the time and thought it was gonna be a full bodied cigar. I enjoyed it actually, and still have 3 more in my humi. When your tastes start to want more full bodied smokes, give the Camacho Triple Maduro a try, great cigar or the CAO Mx2.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I really like all the maduros mentioned in the CCOM awards, and I would also like to say that I really like the Cain Maduro. I would put that up there too.
  • Options
    The aj Fernandez Sig maddy's a good everyday smoke, but also good enough for a relaxing day ender.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    The aj Fernandez Sig maddy's a good everyday smoke, but also good enough for a relaxing day ender.
    Fernandez Does A nice job with the Signature, Hey Cabbie, Congrats on the next Post. Be sure to add 1000 Post Club Member to your Resume'
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kaspera79:
    cabinetmaker:
    Fernandez Does A nice job with the Signature, Hey Cabbie, Congrats on the next Post. Be sure to add 1000 Post Club Member to your Resume'
    Oooh, you pulled up cabbie. keep posting. are we not going to hear from you for a couple days now?
  • Options
    dirtylipsdirtylips Posts: 19
    Welcome... welcome!   I hate to be the one to tell you this, but joz3r is a little fruity.  If you know what I mean.  Just a warning... he likes to dip his gar in mud.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    dirtylips:
    Welcome... welcome!   I hate to be the one to tell you this, but joz3r is a little fruity.  If you know what I mean.  Just a warning... he likes to dip his gar in mud.
    Think you need to find another place to fill your time. Good Bye!
  • Options
    dirtylipsdirtylips Posts: 19

Dark Roast:
    dirtylips:
    Think you need to find another place to fill your time. Good Bye!

Hey... wha had happened?  You must be busy making maduros.  Nasty fu ckers.

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    lilwing88:

Gurkha Cuban Legacy

I've seen boxes of these around for ridiculously low prices. Are they actually that good of a smoke?
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    docbp87:
    lilwing88:

Gurkha Cuban Legacy

I've seen boxes of these around for ridiculously low prices. Are they actually that good of a smoke?

I suggest to try a few, I was pretty impressed. One of my favorite Gurkhas so far.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    While the Nub maduro does have a very maduro-y taste to it, I'm not a huge fan. One cigar that, to me, really embodies what a maduro is all about is...wait for it...the CAO Anniversary maduro, very smooth, almost creamy smoke with a cedar taste on the end of it. Another good one is the Perdomo Reserve 10th maduro, that one recently became my favorite in the 10th Reserve line, fantastic cigar.
    never had that cao, sounds good.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Some of these may have already been said, but you must try these maduros if nothing else:

CAO MX2 - the definition of leathery maduro flavor
    Indian Tabac Super Fuerte - delicious, almost caramel flavor to it
    Torano Casa Torano Maduro - another great, almost sweet maduro
    5 Vegas A - great, always satisfying
    Gurkha Signature 101 Maduro - very smokey flavor
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    sancho panza double maduro.

this was my first love in cigars. i still have a soft spot for it in my heart.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Agree with Kuzi and Alien about Sancho double, MX2 and ITC SF. I have had some Hoyo 1066 dark knights that I have really liked.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    sancho panza double maduro.

this was my first love in cigars. i still have a soft spot for it in my heart.
    This was the first real cigar I smoked. By that I mean, the first cigar that wasn't bought at a drug store. Still love these.