Home General Discussion
Options

hello!

jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
well hello every one!  long time cigar.com customer, previous member on the old amback forum.  nice to be here.  its finaly warming up outside to start smoking again after a seemingly endless winter hibernation.  the last few weeks i have taken every sunny opportunity to go to the park and light one up, which in this region (seattle area) has been about 3 times lol.  I am eagerly awaiting the amazing summers we have here, 75 degree evenings here I come!!  got about 2 months to go for that though.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

im in the same boat here in ohio.  today itll get up to 45 and a bunch of the snow will melt.   i work today so no cigar.

not long though till i can sit on the front portch and burn one

• Options
    I just got back from Florida for a vacation/honeymoon...I must say, winter is great in Florida. I could step outside for a walk any time of the day, and not be bludgeoned by the cold. Can't wait for that warmer weather to happen here in IL.
  • Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Heath, congratulations to you and your other half, best of wishes. I hope you had a good time in Florida. Living in So. Fla. does have it's advantages at times. I will say I feel for all you BOTL's/SOTL's living in areas making it tough to enjoy a good smoke basically anytime.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    a ghost from the past. welcome back.
  • Options
    CastleCrestCastleCrest Posts: 51
    Alex Svenson:
    a ghost from the past. welcome back.

The Ghost of Future Past!
  • Options

jihiggs:
    well hello every one!  long time cigar.com customer, previous member on the old amback forum.  

Hello all, I bought some sticks this morning and noticed this forum section.  jihiggs, I came across the amback forum last week and noticed that it just had a name change.  What is going on with that?  Is everyone jumping ship over to here? 

• Options
    hell if I know, they got rid of me like a year ago.
  • Options
    (scary moaning) (chains rattling) BOO!!
  • Options
    holy crap! I haven't seen you in a loooong time, higgsy

how've you been dude?
  • Options
    wolfy!! Been great, you?
  • Options
    TccargillTccargill Posts: 23
    I hate to rub it in, but I love living in Central Ca where I can smoke anytime I want.
  • Options
    twoputtstwoputts Posts: 5
    Back on line on the new forum.  Heading to Tampa for two weeks tomorrow and really glad to get out of Michigan.  Winter has been about 5 months too long.
  • Options
    Tccargill:
    I hate to rub it in, but I love living in Central Ca where I can smoke anytime I want.
    Where in Central Ca are you located? I'm originally from Visalia.
  • Options
    ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I guess I will find out.  My name is Marc and I live in California.  I am a cigar smoker of 3 plus years and am always looking for good advice on cigars and life.  I am a full time student and work part time for a jeweler in Los Angeles.  I smoke medium to full cigars but occasionally enjoy a mild smoke every now and again.  I have many humis in my house includeing a fridgeador.  I look forward to talking with everyone and sharing information and a few jokes.  See you around the forum. 

Marc
  • Options
    I live in a pretty small town in San Luis Obispo county.
  • Options
    Welcome Marc!
  • Options
    Welcome aboard Marc!!!
  • Options
    RailedRailed Posts: 30
    Hello all i am new to this forum. I used to be a member of the amback forum, but noticed C.com has there own now. i also noticed Amback is now eotac. Anyways I live in so. cal. also.
    i am a Motorcycle Technician for BMW Motorcycles. Along with enjoying a nice cigar some of my interests are riding the BMW, and Honda. I also enjoy snowboarding, hiking and camping. Well see you all round.

Where is San Luis Obispo County do you live? I graduated from SLO high.

Grant

• Options
    I live in Creston, about 45 min from SLO.
  • Options
    All these Californians popping up out of no where. I was born and raised in south sacramento. Very happy to be living in Washington now.
  • Options
    phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    I guess this is now a Cali board. Good to have you guys. Since this board is new and there are a lot of new guys I might as well give an introduction to those of you who do not know me. My name is Dave and I have been avidly smoking cigars for about 3 years now. I got started on the Amback Forum through a link at cigar.com and have been a member of a number of cigar forums. I live in Southeast MA about an hour south of Boston. I smoke mostly cuban cigars but still enjoy trying new non cuban cigars now and then. I have three kids and am married so my smoking time is little to none and I am lucky if I can get in 1 a week. I like more full bodied cigars, but like anything that has a lot of flavor and burns good without becoming bitter. I look forward to groweign this board and having some good times here. -Dave
  • Options
    hey phish.
    Nothing wrong with cali. Beautiful weather all year round. If you don't live in the city you don't have to deal with crime. And if you don't live in calabasas you can still smoke outside.

Glad to see this forum up and running

Grant

• Options
    Hey Grant, I'm not saying ali is bad; I've nver been so what would I know. Its just kinda odd how all these Cali guys are here. If I was ever to go to California; the first place i would hit would be wine country; Sonoma county speciically. I love california wine. "Its just so good when it hits your lips."
  • Options
    ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    Hey Phish, what is your favorite vineyard in either Solvang or Sonoma county? We used to head up there quite a bit but have not made the 2 hour drive in a long time. If I travel that way could I pick you up a bottle?
  • Options
    My favorite Vinyard is Jordan in Alexander valley. Their Cab Sav is my favorite of all time. Really good. I also like Murphy Goode. They consistantly put out a great product.
  • Options
    I dont drink wine, but San Luis Obispo county is actually the new "wine country". Dont be fooled by all the rumors about Californian's, my town has about 240 people and no crime what so ever. Stay away from those damn big cities though, thats bad juju.
  • Options
    Yeah when i go tasting i always head back up the SLO
    Paso Robles has some of the best vineyards.
    Tobin James is one of my favorites.

• Options
    ......i think im responding to this right.

any way im jacob and i introduced myself in another thread but this seems to be the place to do it.
    im 21 years old live in charlotte NC, work in a cd store. i had my first cigar on thursday night a a "cigar" bar my older brother is about to open. so if theres any one in summerville south carolina. mojos opens in a week. any way i had the one and the nexy bought 2 from a hand rolled place in chareston. and now im hooked i love cigars and i cannot wait to be knowledgeble..... i think i mess that word up, in all things cigar related.

yesterday i droped some dough and bought into the cigar of the month club and someother nick nacks and patty wacks on the site so hopefully you'll be seein alot more of me.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

this is as good a place as any.

hi.  welcome to this budding cigar board.  sit back relax and enjoy.    please post often, its always good to get advice from people that have been smoking for a while and arent on the board.  ...it seems that they have insight that isnt the same-old-same-old.

• Options
    xanderxander Posts: 8

I hate to start a new thread on the subject, so hopefully the OP doesn't mind if I piggy back on this one.

Hello to everyone, I'm new to the forums as well. Located in mid-state Illinois, just a couple hours down the I-57 from the windy city, I've been a cigar.com customer for a couple years now but have only recently began reading the forum.