Home General Discussion
Options

Greetings

I finally broke down and posted on these forums :) 

My name is Ben, and I got my first humidor about a year ago.  I have spent way too much on cigars in the last year accordingly, and know I have a problem.  My friends are pretty lucky though, as I keep having them over for cigars and supply them from my stock.

My current favorites are Partagas Black, Cohiba, Hoya de Monterrey's Excalibur, Romeo y Julieta's Reserva Real, and I like a lot of the Gurkhas (though some are a bit pricey).

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Welcome! Not sure if you have been lurking on the board that long but if you are new to this site and thought you were spending a lot before, well. . . . . . .
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Welcome Ben always great to have another BOTL on here. Sit back and enjoy. Lots of good information on here. Lots of great BOTL on this forum, some a little crazier then others, but all the same great guys.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Welcome, now pick a number and maybe win a humi and some nice cigars. Link in Sig, free to try.
  • Options
    casmangcasmang Posts: 31
    Welcome poypoyking!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    poypoyking:
    I finally broke down and posted on these forums :) 

My name is Ben, and I got my first humidor about a year ago.  I have spent way too much on cigars in the last year accordingly, and know I have a problem.  My friends are pretty lucky though, as I keep having them over for cigars and supply them from my stock.

My current favorites are Partagas Black, Cohiba, Hoya de Monterrey's Excalibur, Romeo y Julieta's Reserva Real, and I like a lot of the Gurkhas (though some are a bit pricey).

Love the RyJ RR Delicious! Welcome aboard? Where do you live, I want to come over and smoke through your stash!

not kidding

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! Spending too much on cigars... You'll fit right in. Start looking at bigger humidors!
  • Options
    poypoykingpoypoyking Posts: 55
    I live in the Minneapolis area.  Couple other things about me:

My favorite time to smoke a cigar is while playing golf (disc or regular).
    The strangest thing to drink while smoking is a Dr Pepper (worth a try if you haven't before).
    I spend way too much time on the computer, whether browsing or gaming.
    Prefer Robustos over most other sizes.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Ben, Welcome to the forum. Tell your mooching friends it is time they start sharing too.
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Welcome, the Partagas Black is one of my favorites as well.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Welome to the BOTL. Put on your seat belt and get ready for the ride! Sooner or later your cigar mooching friends will become obsessed and break down and purchase. Turn them on to CCom for great prices and even better customer service.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    poypoyking:
    I live in the Minneapolis area.  Couple other things about me:

My favorite time to smoke a cigar is while playing golf (disc or regular).
    The strangest thing to drink while smoking is a Dr Pepper (worth a try if you haven't before).
    I spend way too much time on the computer, whether browsing or gaming.
    Prefer Robustos over most other sizes.
    Welcome. I always pair cigars with Dr. Pepper! Brings out the chocolate flavors.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    welcome aboard bud!
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Greetings and Salutations

Some of these guys are a great bunch.. the rest are just good.. haha.

Welcome to a lifetime of cameraderie and great info

• Options
    Hey badge, does the division line for good and great have a Northern Border, Eh? Wait, For you that would be a Southern Border.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Greetings Ben. Glad to see another Minnesotan! This place is a great resource with great people.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Ben. You'll have fun here. Promise.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Welcome Ben. You're find great fun and information here. Sometimes the only way I can get a friend to share a smoke with me is if I spring for the stick or head to the B&M. But, some of the best compnay and conversations I've ever had have been the people hanging out at my local B&M. And the great thing about it is that they pay for their own smoke!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Welcome to the BOTL Ben...just remember one thing...lots of storage space for your inventory!!
  • Options
    poypoykingpoypoyking Posts: 55
    Thanks everyone :)

Yes, I do need more storage space.   I casually mentioned to my wife I would like another humidor and she gave me the look.  It is hard to properly age some of these cigars without another humidor.   I think I have about 130 crammed in my 150, and that is really stretching its capacity. :P

I might have to go an alternative route.
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    kaspera79:
    Hey badge, does the division line for good and great have a Northern Border, Eh? Wait, For you that would be a Southern Border.

The southern/northern border is merely a line drawn in the sand. There are good and great BOTL on both side of the line... just dont put me on the wrong side of the tracks.. haha

• Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Welcome man
  • Options
    badge54fd:
    kaspera79:

The southern/northern border is merely a line drawn in the sand. There are good and great BOTL on both side of the line... just dont put me on the wrong side of the tracks.. haha

Brother, whichever side you are on, is the side I want to be on !
  • Options
    Welcome! Wish I had something witty to say but spent all my witty points on my boss today.