Home Cigar 101
Options

Tatuaje Series P

Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
My local B&M got some of these in not too long ago and have a nice price point and I was checking in before I picked up a few. Has anyone tried any of these? I have heard that they are more to the medium bodied side but other than that I have heard nothing.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Never had one myself, but I've heard good things from several people. DPG is one of those guys that can make a mixed filler cigar taste as good, or better, than some long filler sticks. I'd say try one, I wish I had a local shop offering them so I could pick a couple up.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they are definately medium bodied, but they are damn good sticks for the price. They are my favorite short filler cigar, and they do still have a Tatuaje taste, you know? I bought a box of the coronas a while back, and age has done these a world of good also.
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    picked up a 5er last order. Taste like the Havana VI series at a quarter of the price. The burn is even, but the ash falls apart easy and was a little harsh, probably due to the amount of short filler. I suspect this is the remnants of the Havana VI assembly process.....just a guess. Can't beat the price though.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    OK fellas, rookie question - what is the difference between long & short filler? I had assumed that all cigars were long filler!

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gdsim1:
    OK fellas, rookie question - what is the difference between long & short filler? I had assumed that all cigars were long filler!

Long filler= whole leaves of high quality. short filler= chopped leaves, mixed leaf, stems, scrap bits, and pieces. Sweep the floor and put it in there. You get the point . Long filler good, short filler not so good.
  • Options
    The couple of things I found said 40% long filler and 60% medium filler. Sounds a bit funny to me but I think I am just going to have to get a few and give them a try. I havent been dissapointed with any other Tatuaje I have tried so I feel like I have to give them a shot.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Higher quality mixed filler cigars are constructed with partial long fillers to aid the construction quality of the cigar, which is why they're called mixed filler, due to a ratio of medium and long filler tobaccos. Mixed filler cigars are not, by definition, garbage, in fact there are several that are made with the same tobaccos as more expensive long filler only cigars. When buying a mixed filler cigar, take into account who makes it, that will be a great clue as to the quality of the cigar right there.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I have had the Series P and thought it was a damn good cigar. Had no burn or draw issues and had great flavor. I've also heard from someone on here that the Tabacos Baez SF (short filler) is also a great cigar, and I've heard a few people say it is better than the long filler version.
  • Options
    I picked a few up the other day and smoked one Saturday afternoon. I have to say it was a very nice stick. I agree with PuroFreak I had no issues with burn or draw and it had alot of flavor. I am going to let the others sit for a while and revisit them cause I have a feeling that these will be really nice with some time on them.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I think iam gonna have to check these out ....
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    After this thread I decided I need to revisit this smoke I picked up a 5 pk the other day. Can't wait to try one out again.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I have had the Series P and thought it was a damn good cigar. Had no burn or draw issues and had great flavor. I've also heard from someone on here that the Tabacos Baez SF (short filler) is also a great cigar, and I've heard a few people say it is better than the long filler version.
    I actually enjoyed the SF quite a bit. I've never had the long filler version though, so I can't really say as to how they compare.