Home General Discussion
Options

Summer Humi Cooling

Does anyone here have any do it yourself experience with thermoelectronic air coolers?

Comments

• Options
    I don't have experience with thermo units as a standalone solution, but I do have a thermo wine cooler that I use as one of my humidors. What's your question?
  • Options
    joeten5joeten5 Posts: 11
    I want to put a thermoelectric unit into my cabinet humidor. The device needs to be large enough to cool down a 28T x 22W x 17D wood cabinet by 10 degrees from ambient (say from 84 to 74) worst case scenario, but small enough so it's not too cumbersome internally and externally. There are several companies that sell them and they give advice but I was hoping to find someone that has done it themselves to get some solid "hands on" advice.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

there was a guy on amback that had exactly that....  i just cant remember who.

i wanna say it was travis.  but being that AmBack isnt really working right now i have no way to get a hold of him. 

not to thread jack or anything but... i wonder if they are gunna save all the old posts/names/whatever when they make the switch over there.

...i would hate to lose my cigar catalog and have to repost it all...

• Options
    That would suck... It was travis...he's a wiz with those thermo units and cabinet installs....def. the one you want to talk to....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

good news... the posts there will be saved.

as soon as AmBack is up and running (even though it wont be "AmBack" anymore) ill see if i can get the Trav to pop in here and lend his two cents. ... maybe he will on his own.

• Options
    joeten5joeten5 Posts: 11
    Thanks Kuz, much appreciated. I think this would be an interesting topic too. I am learning a little bit about it on my own as well. There are several websites that have the units for sale with varying sizes and drawings etc.. The technology is definitely within easy reach of the do it yourselfer, but the science part of it as far as the sizing and cooling abilitiy requirements (Delta T), etc are a bit gray to me at his point.
  • Options
    phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    I'm not sure if he is over here yet; but he is over at thegunnerslair.com if you want to try and contact him. Travis is a great guy and I am sure he would be willing to help. I am getting leary about the return of Amback; it has been down for longer than I thought.
  • Options
    cmonycmony Posts: 1

phisherman:
    I'm not sure if he is over here yet; but he is over at thegunnerslair.com if you want to try and contact him. Travis is a great guy and I am sure he would be willing to help. I am getting leary about the return of Amback; it has been down for longer than I thought.

It's back