Home General Discussion
Options

How do you light with a torch in daylight...

...when you can't see the flame? Just experience? I've tried a couple of times with this pretty new Bugatti B-1 :) and I've actually burned the foot by mistake lol

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    turn that lighter way down. it burns very hot.

when i light with a torch in the daylight, i start from very far away ans slowly move in. when i see its doing what i want, I start my toast.
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Very vewy carefuly
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Thats funny as hell, i was outside lighting a cigar with my torch today thinking the SAME thing. You just kinda watch the foot and move the flame around, watching the foot turn toasty....or i silhouette it against my black grill...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Phil and I had this same problem on his birthday when we went to go smoke. He told me to go into his mancave where it was dark. I didn't go cause I'm scared of the dark. Having a dark background does help or shade the area you are going to be ligthing.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Just torch that mother. Kidding of course, just wanted to add something without repeating. :)
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I always try to find a corner with some shade. Or at least turn my back to the sun and make my own shade.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Be one with your lighter grasshopper.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I usually go with a small ring gauge cigar when I'm going to have to light it in bright sunlight -- a perfecto or lonsdale or lancero or a Hemingway. Just light the thing and go. Bear in mind, though, my standards for a good light are lower than some. :)
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Just be careful if you relight one that's kinda short in the daylight, you might miscalculate where the flame is in comparison to where the cigar tip is and burn some nose hairs. Happened to me a couple times...
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    cabinetmaker:
    Just be careful if you relight one that's kinda short in the daylight, you might miscalculate where the flame is in comparison to where the cigar tip is and burn some nose hairs. Happened to me a couple times...

Or your Mustache and Gotee Been there done that! Also
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    When in daylight, I use matches :)

"Long ashes my friends."