Home General Discussion
Options

JR. CIGARS lowing their standards to "Dell"

(JR CIGARS HAS DELETED OUR COMPLAINT WITHOUT RESOLVING THE MATTER)Thank you for contacting JR Customer Service. JR Customer Service has received your customer service request. You should receive a response within two business days.

You can check the status of your inquiry at any time by clicking on the link below or copying and pasting the link into your browser’s URL.

Returning Customer: Yes

Problem Type: Order Not Received

Order Date:  04/03/2010

Question:
I ordered a sampler pack of Punch Double Corona Maduro cigars along with 3 other sampler packs.  I received Hoyo De Monterey Double Corona cigars in place of the Punch cigars.  I asked my wife to call your customer service because I work nights and sleep during the day.

She called and spoke to Raylene.  Raylene gave my wife 3 options:  1.  pay for the Punch cigars again and when you receive the cigars back that I didn't order you will credit my account. 
2.  mail the cigars back and you will send the Punch cigars when you receive the cigars I did not order.
3.  return the cigars and receive a credit after you receive the cigars I did not order.

All of these options are unacceptable.   The common theme of all 3 options are you sent me cigars I did not order.  You better believe I am selecting option number 3.  I will never order from you again.  I spent the extra m oney for the express shipping for the entire order.  Why didn't you apologize for the minor error and make it right by sending out my correct order right away?  Raylene told my wife this was your policy and the way that you had to complete the order.  My wife called back and asked to speak to a manager.  Raylene seemed put out and unwilling to help.  She put my wife on indefinite hold twice.

I've done business with you for too long to be treated this way and it's my policy to not do business with disreputable companies.  I am going to give you the option to make this right by sending the cigars that I have already ordered and paid for immediately, if not I will take my business elsewhere as well as share my experience with all my cigar smoking friends.  I  also expect a partial refund for the express shipping.  Thank You in advance for your prompt response.

When we called back the next day, we were hung up on by RAYLENE 3 times.  JR Cigars is not interested in their customers, only taking your money.  Seems like Raylene runs the show over there.  She deletes complaints and hangs up when she is unwilling to satisfy a customer.  TOO MANY OTHER GREAT CIGAR COMPANIES TO DO BUSINESS WITH, NOT JR CIGARS!!!!
JR Cigars
http://www.jrcigars.com

Comments

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    You're on the wrong site my friend...This is Cigar.com, not JRCigars.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    CIGAR.COM FTW
  • Options
    R_M_GR_M_G Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Wow, JR Cigars sound like a bunch of douche bags...
    "...and in the evenings the men would be men. We would sit round the fire and share a drink, a smoke and old war stories that oft dealt more with women than war it's self. There were no fathers or sons, bosses nor hands, we were just men sitting round a fire."
  • Options
    poypoykingpoypoyking Posts: 55
    I have never had a problem with any of my orders over there, but then again I have never had to deal with customer service either.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    R_M_G:
    Wow, JR Cigars sound like a bunch of douche bags...
    heh. you haven't heard the least of the problems others have talked about on this forum. ccom ftw!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Looks like you'll just have to talk to the beard... the beard heals all wounds.

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this really isn't even a little surprising.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I think that in deference to Ccom that we all should let this thread 'die'
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    You know its funny ................ Iam a very Loyal customer to CCOM ....... But i have ordered from other places and JR a few times as i have a friend who works for them in NJ ........ I never really order anything major from them ..... But had a problem once where the wrong item was shipped to me and they sent the correct cigars out with a pre paid postage to send the wrong back and credited me my shipping .... And I am not sure what your beef is with Dell but in the last 3 years i have purchased 2 laptops 2 desktops a tv a digital camera and 2 large monitors and have never had any problems with there customer service ..... By no means am I defending anyone and cant speak to your issues with them but not every business can be CCOM ......
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    stephen_hannibal:
    Looks like you'll just have to talk to the beard... the beard heals all wounds.

There's a world of difference between cigar.com and cigars.com - and this letter proves it: Cigar.com has The Beard.

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is with people and their 1st post lately? While I have heard this about JR many times I am just surprised you would join a forum just to post a rant and nothing else. If you want to be a part of a great community then welcome! Ccom will take care of you.

My buddy just ordered a bundle of Gurkha Legends from JRs. They sent him their house blend similar to Gurkha. He double checked and this was not what he ordered. They charged him the Gurkha price and replaced his order with cheap house sticks. I haven't experienced a problem but have seen several other forums with long threads about this issue. I bought from JRs once and had no issues.

Seems to me customer service has become a lost art in this country.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Gonna have to agree with you jsnake. Customer service in general has gone downhill, from fast food places, to gas stations, all the way to the bookstore, the mall, calling your phone company. I work for a company that takes customer service very seriously, so much, thats the main job of my dept. I usually relay stories of customer service i run across, good and bad, to help develop skills in my company. Since its a health care company, i downplay the industry when i talk about the outstanding customer service of ccom, but the point gets across. Provide a quality product, back it up with all you have, and the customer may not always be right, but it comes damn close. And ccom always looks out for their customers. Going well above and beyond, reaching out when they even think a customer might not be 100% happy before the customer even makes a call.

Personal thing.. i really hate it when a clerk dosent even look at you during a transaction. Wether they are talking to a coworker, or just bored, at least look at me when taking my money.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering why anyone would advertise other places on a forum which is ON the very same cigar site. It's very bad taste.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    I really hate when a clerk dosent even look at you during a transaction. Wether they are talking to a coworker, or just bored, at least look at me when taking my money.
    Man I really hate it when strippers don't look you in the eye also. I hear where your coming from. Lol
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    Seems to me customer service has become a lost art in this country.
    I couldn't agree more bro. I'm disgusted most ot the time with the service I get, just about everywhere I go. I guess I'll have to start some customer service related businesses and show people how it's done.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Thewelder:
    NYHCx516x:
    I really hate when a clerk dosent even look at you during a transaction. Wether they are talking to a coworker, or just bored, at least look at me when taking my money.
    Man I really hate it when strippers don't look you in the eye also. I hear where your coming from. Lol
    you just need to look good and they do =p
  • Options
    Anyone else think it's odd that a first-time poster is able to use red font and the HTML breaks? Most newcomers to these forums don't know any HTML and always post in a large, single paragraph; and I've never seen any first-time posters use the colored fonts
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    xmacro:
    Anyone else think it's odd that a first-time poster is able to use red font and the HTML breaks? Most newcomers to these forums don't know any HTML and always post in a large, single paragraph; and I've never seen any first-time posters use the colored fonts
    Actually... ive never seen ANY color in posts... didnt know you could do that.
  • Options
    It's possible, but the poster needs to know/use HTML coding. If look at his post, he uses the HTML code "FONT color=#ff0000" to put the font in red - either he knows coding, he looked up the "How to format your post" on these boards, or it's a fake poster
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's that odd. He wouldn't be the first guy that came on and used html font coding in his posts, numerous people have done it both for color and size. What's more likely, that he has a slight grasp of html or that it would be a fake post about JR on ccom? I don't know **** about html, but I know enough to insert links and do font sizing/coloring, and I've never read the "how to format your post" thread, so...
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It's funny, my dad and I were hanging out tonight and he asked where I bought my cigars, and he asked if I had ever bought from JR. I told him I had actually just heard some bad press just today! He was surprised, apparently that's where he used to get his sticks back when he was a smoker. I guess times change. Or CCom just didn't exist back then ;)
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Thewelder:
    NYHCx516x:
    edit: Seemed inappropriate
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Thewelder:
    NYHCx516x:
    Now wait a minute... why would you be looking at the eyes??? It's all about money placement...
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    docbp87:
    It's funny, my dad and I were hanging out tonight and he asked where I bought my cigars, and he asked if I had ever bought from JR. I told him I had actually just heard some bad press just today! He was surprised, apparently that's where he used to get his sticks back when he was a smoker. I guess times change. Or CCom just didn't exist back then ;)

Dad used to use them too. He thought it was funny that they just named it CCom.