Home General Discussion
Options

oops

So I was fishing at a stream near the local b and m today, and decided to stop "just to look around" after fishing.  With plans to buy nothing I left with 1 of each: Onyx, Chateau Fuente, El baton, Opus X (my first opus).  I must not be the only one who does this, am I?

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as "just to look around". That's why we all shop for bigger humidors from time to time! You are not alone.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, it is that reason my wife rarely lets me go into the B&M unsupervised! lol I went in to have one smoke a few weeks ago with some friends, and ended up snagging 4 Fuente Work of Art Maduros, a Tatuaje house blend, and a Pepin El Centurion... The wife was NOT happy to see the bank statement!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Yea, it is that reason my wife rarely lets me go into the B&M unsupervised! lol I went in to have one smoke a few weeks ago with some friends, and ended up snagging 4 Fuente Work of Art Maduros, a Tatuaje house blend, and a Pepin El Centurion... The wife was NOT happy to see the bank statement!
    Two words...: Take cash...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am to the point that I have accepted the fact that I won't go into a B&M without buying at least 2-3 sticks. Its just a given.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    PuroFreak:
    Two words...: Take cash...
    Wiser words have yet to be spoken...pretty much the only way I get away with buying sticks at my B&M is when I have cash on me (and is the only reason I ever carry cash)...lol
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    There was a time I could walk in and out without a purchase. That was until I became curiously obsessed with cigars. Walked out with a CAO MX2 last visit. Don't have a good explanation except it seemed like the thing to do with "cash" i had on hand.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    The lady who owns my local B & M MUST be a Jedi! I stop in for something (drymistat tube, lighter fluid, etc), we get to BSing - and somehow I always end up walking out with 2 or 3 sticks! And I hate it so much that I somehow just.... keep... going.... back.... :-)

• Options
    A few weeks ago I spent about 2k in my local b&m in just one week...
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Man I can only hope to be able to spend that at my local B&M! You MUST be one of their best customers! They better Hail you like we do THE Beard!lol
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    cabinetmaker:
    What do you do for a living and how can I do it??
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    cabinetmaker:
    carpentry business is that good right now huh? guess I need to get back into it and quit my dayjob.
  • Options
    I try to get while the gettin's good, and the gettin was gooood...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I've been trying to stay away from the B&M's for this very reason. I don't need anymore but when I go in I find something that I have been wanting to try or stock up on. I was going to try to just stop visiting them all together but I already have to go in tomorrow. I should be good for now because I know I'm low on storage space.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I don't know Tony, low storage space has never kept me from buying, it just gives me an excuse to smoke more to attempt to free up some space. :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I don't know Tony, low storage space has never kept me from buying, it just gives me an excuse to smoke more to attempt to free up some space. :)
    Ahhh very true Joe. I think that I was just trying to tell myself that in order to cut down on buying so many.
  • Options
    BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    I can never just stop and take a "look" and I can never just buy 1. Every time I step into my local B&M i'm spending 40-50$ minimum. I try not to stop in but it's hard because right next door there is a Starbucks that I hit a couple time a week my barber is next to Starbucks and a across the street is my favorite steakhouse and I hit that a couple times a month. I'm screwed.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It takes ALL of my willpower to go into a b&m and not come out loaded up.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    BTJR99:
    I can never just stop and take a "look" and I can never just buy 1. Every time I step into my local B&M i'm spending 40-50$ minimum. I try not to stop in but it's hard because right next door there is a Starbucks that I hit a couple time a week my barber is next to Starbucks and a across the street is my favorite steakhouse and I hit that a couple times a month. I'm screwed.
    Dude, Do you live on Sesame Street. ?
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    BTJR99:
    Dude, Do you live on Sesame Street. ?
    I wanna live there!
  • Options
    BTJR99:
    Buy a coffee pot, make your own, and all the money you would have spent at Starbucks is now freed up for smokes. Oh, lose the steakhouse nights and grow your hair long and problem SOLVED!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    cabinetmaker:
    BTJR99:
    Buy a coffee pot, make your own, and all the money you would have spent at Starbucks is now freed up for smokes. Oh, lose the steakhouse nights and grow your hair long and problem SOLVED!
    Perfect. LMAO