Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Torpedo Cigar Review Video

image This 6.25 by 52 maduro stick offers a virtually seamless satin wrapper with some small veins showing in darkened color only. Overall a dark chocolate color it gives off a rich oily slightly sweet tobacco aroma. First light reveals a full palate of complex flavors, requiring multiple draws to fully experience. They included deep earth, sweetness, smooth tobacco, nuts, slight pepper, cocoa, coffee and cream. The first third develops to a solid medium body, with tons of very smooth rich smoke output and a very easy draw. Flavors remain complex and very creamy in texture. By the 2nd third flavors had become more of the creamy cocoa, with undertones of a caramel and a deep oily finish. Ending at the 1:10 min mark, the stick proved to be the same flavor wise through the remainder, which was just fine with me! http://cigarobsession.com/cigar-reviews/rocky-patel-vintage-1990-torpedo-cigar-review/

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Hey Bryan, you seem to have a very distinguished palette. Is there any ritual or trick you use to cleanse your palette before smoking?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Nothing unusual - I just make sure I haven't eaten or drank anything especially flavorful shortly before hand, and only drink water during filming.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    LOVE your reviews, ill check this one out when I get home from work this evening.
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Thx!
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    I like this one more than the 1992 actually.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    ditto this is one of favorite sticks!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    NYHCx516x:
    I like this one more than the 1992 actually.
    Agreed. Though, I am a bit of a maduro ****. Nice review, Brian. I need to revisit this one, it's been a while.