Home Cigar 101

Zippo Blu Lighter

Saw one of these recently wondered if anyone has tried them. I like the Zippo style, but have been told that a butane torch lighter is better for cigars. Heres the link: http://www.zippo.com/Products/Blu.aspx What do you guys think.

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    If its the same one I have, it actually works pretty good, I have never had any issues with it, but I didn't use it much, maybe a month or so.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I have not used one but the only bad thing I have heard about them is that they seemed a bit flimsy. Not like they are a crap lighter but when compaired to a standard Zippo they dont stack up feel wise. But like I said I havent had any first hand experience just hear say.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    They look and feel pretty much exactly like a standard Zippo, but the flame/fuel is obviously designed for cigars. I like mine - it's a year or two old by now. I've had a few issues with it lately, so I contacted customer service - actually got a real human to pick up the phone, and they were very helpful. Something internal is wrong with it. I'll send it in and they'll take care of it. Good customer service from everything I've ever read.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I gave you wrong info. I don't have the Zippo Blu, I have a $10 insert I picked up a B&M about a year ago.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Sorry, I gave you wrong info. I don't have the Zippo Blu, I have a $10 insert I picked up a B&M about a year ago.
    the "Z-plus" ?

not a fan of that. i have yet to try the Blu
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I've got a Z-Plus insert in a Zippo I carry as an everyday lighter and it has yet to fail me , knock on wood !!!