Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

NUB Cameroon

So now that i finally joined you guys on here on a 5 times a day deal lol....i figured i would put my 2 cents in.... So a little bit ago I got one of these NUB's in, cameroon 358...this being my first one i started off on the wrong foot...i am more of a conneticute guy or a madura all the way, but i tried this cameroon wrapped on...not a fan...it packed a bit of spice to it(which i was not expecting)...it wasnt a bad stick, burned excellent, great smoke, a bit of a nutty taste to it, but once again, once the spice it my taste buds, it stood no chance! lol. I just ordered 3 others and cant wait to try them all!

Comments

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Welcome joeyjoe, Keep putting in your 2 cents. Thats what makes this place great. soon enough you will enjoy a variety of cigars. I started off as a totally connie wrapped cigar guy as you willl find alot of folks here did. Once your pallette expands a bit you will get more adventurous.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I had one of these last night while grilling, not overly impressed. I like the cameroon wrapper but this cigar doesnt do a really good job of showcasing it, just my .02
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I agree...i didnt enjoy it much either...i have had another cameroon wrap of a different stick and didnt mind it..just not the numb...i did just order 4 others....so I am going to hae a Nub week and have one almost each night and will post the differences on here!
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Jetmech_63:
    I had one of these last night while grilling, not overly impressed. I like the cameroon wrapper but this cigar doesnt do a really good job of showcasing it, just my .02

I gotta agree with you. Though I liked the cigar, it definitely didn't taste like a cameroon.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    +1 , So far, of all the NUBS I've tried, the Habano has been my favorite.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Had my first one yesterday while BBQ'ing. I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked it.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    The Cameroon box pressed is my favorite. Then comes the maduro, connie then Habano.
  • Options
    bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    I like the Connecticut nubs the best so far. The Cameroon are also good, I was suprised at how long of a burn they had.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Totally agree with that, the Nub Cameroon is near the bottom of my list as far as Cameroon wrappers go. If you want a cigar that really gives you what's great about a Cameroon wrapper, look into the LFD Cameroon Cabinet, that cigar exemplifies, imo, why a Cameroon wrapper is one of the best...not saying it's that way for everyone, but for me it's a favorite as far as wrapper leaves go.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nub Connecticut - Like smoking cardboard BLAH

Nub Habano - Delicious and my favorite!

Nub Cameroon - I like them

Nub Maduro - Bought a box without ever trying one and I like them

Anyone wants to unload some Habano or Cameroon I will take one for the team!!
  • Options
    So i just had the NUB Habano....dam it was really good which is surprising cuz im really picky with the habano cigars. Also, the connie was really good and i have two more in my humi resting for a while, i am going to put a 6 month time limit on it and then 1 year and see the difference
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The NUB Cameroon is my favorite of the entire line haha. Go figure. The Habano and Connecticut are both good, but not favorites. If I were to buy a box, it would be the Maduro or the Cameroon.
  • Options
    i really want to try the maduro....i tend to like them anyways
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I had a bad stick or if it's just the Cameroon wrapper that I don't like, but I'm not too crazy with what I got from the Nub Cameroon.
    It burned slowly and evenly, which was great (not to mention a great, tight, white ash). However, the wrapper started splitting about 1/3 of the way into it and unraveled and exploded about 2/3 of the way down. Also, the flavor kept changing every 2 drags. It went butt-kicking strong spice to mellow and woody to sickeningly sweet to strong spice again...rinse and repeat about 10 times.
    Maybe I'll give this another try, but it looks like I'll be going to the Connie or the Habano next.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Maybe smoking a little fast and overhumidified?
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Maybe smoking a little fast and overhumidified?
    I might have been smoking too fast (even though it lasted me 45 min to an hour to smoke it). It shouldn't have been overhumidified, though. I just got it from Colonel's (local cigar shop). I'll give this stick another try. I desperately want to like it, given all the reviews and good stuff I hear about Nub.
  • Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143

I LOVE the NUB Cameroon, it's one of my all-time faves! I can't believe all the negativity!

That said, I'm curious to try the LFD Cameroon Cabinet now. I'm a sucker for darn near anything Cameroon...

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    babsdpu:

I LOVE the NUB Cameroon, it's one of my all-time faves! I can't believe all the negativity!

That said, I'm curious to try the LFD Cameroon Cabinet now. I'm a sucker for darn near anything Cameroon...

I just revisited the Cameroon Nub recently and liked it a ton more the second time around. Not a big fan of the size of this fat boy but the cigar does deliver when it comes to taste and costruction.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    So far my Favorite. The only other NUB I've tried was the Connie which wasn't bad either. Will be comparing to the Maduro & the Habano next.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved the Cameroon as well as the habano. Haven't tried the connie nor the maduro but I've heard good things about them.
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    I loved the Cameroon. Probably my favorite of the Nubs. Habano comes in second. I strongly disliked the Connecticut, but I have a feeling it was too humidified. The cameroon is a great balance of flavors IMO. I liked the Habano though, so maybe I should revisit it since I've been smoking stronger sticks lately.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Jumper:
    I loved the Cameroon. Probably my favorite of the Nubs. Habano comes in second. I strongly disliked the Connecticut, but I have a feeling it was too humidified. The cameroon is a great balance of flavors IMO. I liked the Habano though, so maybe I should revisit it since I've been smoking stronger sticks lately.
    I was a huge supporter of the Cammy being the best NUB. That was until recently when I smoked the Cammy and then the Habano back-to-back. The Habano was such a great smoke! I still enjoyed the Cammy a lot, but the Habano was so well balanced with just the right amount of body and spice and still pretty smooth. I say, get one of each and let them rest for a couple of months in your humi. Smoke them both in the same day if you can and then decide what you think. And even if you only strengthen your opinion on the Cammy being the best, at least you got to smoke 2 great sticks!
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    ejenne87:
    Jumper:
    I was a huge supporter of the Cammy being the best NUB. That was until recently when I smoked the Cammy and then the Habano back-to-back. The Habano was such a great smoke! I still enjoyed the Cammy a lot, but the Habano was so well balanced with just the right amount of body and spice and still pretty smooth. I say, get one of each and let them rest for a couple of months in your humi. Smoke them both in the same day if you can and then decide what you think. And even if you only strengthen your opinion on the Cammy being the best, at least you got to smoke 2 great sticks!
    Thanks. Sounds like sound advice.