Home Ratings & Reviews

Nica Libre

gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
I'm thinking of picking up a box of these with the free sampler deal on CCOM and was looking for feedback on your favorite sizes. I've had the Imperial (which I really like, that is why the box purchase-running out), but am torn between the Torp or the Exclusivo sizes.....any suggestions?

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of the exclusivo. I bought a box of them recently or else I would be all over this deal. The imperial is a pretty great smoke as well. It's my second favorite next to the exclusivo. You really can't go wrong with the nica libre no matter what size you get, but those are the best two IMO.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I personally like the Diplomatico. It never gets boring and is a nice long smoke. The last one I had is what really sold me on the Nica Libre brand. I actually liked it as much as a Padron Anniversary (forget which one)
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    As stated, I dont think you can go wrong with any size really. I have a bunch from a DD a few weeks ago, cant remember what size. I like torp's, just cause I like torps. But really, cant go wrong with any Nica Libre. My fav stick right now.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Love these Cigars... I bought the DD a few weeks ago and only have a couple left... box pressed Exclusivo , Would love to get the Imperial.... cant really go wrong with any of them!
  • I love the taste of Nica Libre, but they're a pretty quick smoke for me. It seems like they're a little underfilled so it goes fast. For this reason, I'd recommend buying the largest size that you're comfortable smoking. As a reference, I smoke their largest cigar in the same time as I smoke a typical robusto.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I'm a big fan of the Imperial, the Nica Libre is my go to smoke and this is my favorite size. Just had one last night on the porch. Flawless burn and construction, excellent smoke to boot.

Mmmmm...

• NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Sweet Photo. I may go home, steal that, photoshop out the cig butt... :)
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Not my cig butt!!! Community ashtray XP
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys....think i'll try the Exclusivo. I think the worst part of this is deciding what to spend the $$ on...or maybe it's getting your order then having to wait while they rest. Oh well...I've got a couple of Imperials left...
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    gripnrip:
    Thanks guys....think i'll try the Exclusivo. I think the worst part of this is deciding what to spend the $$ on...or maybe it's getting your order then having to wait while they rest. Oh well...I've got a couple of Imperials left...
    Sir, you have a PM.
  • Had the Imperial last night. What a beautiful burn and ash retention... Great robust flavors of dark chocolate, coffee and earth. def a fan of these smokes.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I alwways feel like I am missing something at a time like this----because I thought the d@mn cigar tasted like a $2 stick from the drug store-----Help my palate please.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    I alwways feel like I am missing something at a time like this----because I thought the d@mn cigar tasted like a $2 stick from the drug store-----Help my palate please.
    Don't knock them $2 drug store sticks now, they need lovin too.

I really like the Nica Libre's, I forget what size i had, but had a box a while back and was sad when they were gone. I'll have to get some more soon.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    I don't think it's your palate, but rather personal preference. I had the same thought during the 2 or 3 I've tried. I want to like this one, but so far haven't been able to get into it. Maybe this is one of those blends that needs a good couple months of rest. I've got a diplomatico that I am going to put a good 6 months on before I try it again.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    When I first tried these, I wasn't too impressed. After only about 2-3 weeks rest, though, WOW! Obviously, now I'm sold on these....had another Imperial on the golf course this past weekend and couldn't shut up about how much I love this stick-smoked her right down to nothing!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Russ55:
    Vulchor:
    I don't think it's your palate, but rather personal preference. I had the same thought during the 2 or 3 I've tried. I want to like this one, but so far haven't been able to get into it. Maybe this is one of those blends that needs a good couple months of rest. I've got a diplomatico that I am going to put a good 6 months on before I try it again.
    I found after a few months in the humidor they do taste a good deal better. Really a great smoke for $2! Hell, it'd be a great smoke if it were more!
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I have liked every size I have tried
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I'm with you on this one Tats.. I have about a dozen with various age on them.....Fresh, not great. But a few months really enhance this low cost cigar. It is another of my pass around sticks for occasional smokers.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Good cigar, great price point!
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    so first had this stick two nights ago...it wasnt bad...but def not my favorite at all....kinda a powdery wrapper...but it was a consistant burn which was good but still not my favorite...
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I've had this stick twice, once through the Mystery stick game and before that through I think the Bakers Dozen sampler... other than the inconsistent burn I did enjoy the flavors I would buy one again soon
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I liked the flavor but thought they burned up way too fast also.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Hayblet:
    I've had this stick twice, once through the Mystery stick game and before that through I think the Bakers Dozen sampler... other than the inconsistent burn I did enjoy the flavors I would buy one again soon
    I just had the Nica Libre from my bakers dozen sampler last night. Really liked the flavors and didn't have any burn issues. Good stick in my book. It is on my radar now.