Home General Discussion
Options

Pleasant Surprise

I know there is a love/hate relationship with the members on here and Gurkha. I was more on the hate side, so i'm trying to smoke away my inventory of Gurkha. So im sitting on my balcony and i light up a Titan, and it is awesome. Perfect burn, draw, and flavor. Just when i give up on them, i get surprised. I think Gurkhas problem is they dabble too much in too many specialty crops and put out way too many sticks. They should focus on a few and i tink that would improve their consistency. Anyway just my two cents.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Personally I liken Gurkha to Rocky Patel... they have some of the same BS.
    The MSRP is high for both brands, but the perceived value is low.

As for the blending I liken that to CAO a million and two different blends 3 of them good.

Honestly at the prices ccom sell them for I think Gurkha is a solid brand.

It's the something for everyone type of approach.

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    bama3715:
    I know there is a love/hate relationship with the members on here and Gurkha. I was more on the hate side, so i'm trying to smoke away my inventory of Gurkha. So im sitting on my balcony and i light up a Titan, and it is awesome. Perfect burn, draw, and flavor. Just when i give up on them, i get surprised. I think Gurkhas problem is they dabble too much in too many specialty crops and put out way too many sticks. They should focus on a few and i tink that would improve their consistency. Anyway just my two cents.
    I like the Legend Perfectos. Thats about it. The Centurian was alright but didn't impress. I have one more to try.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I have a Titan II with about 5-6 months on it.......... I may have to bust it out tonight, in light of the recent offer made on my condo.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I tried the Titan II, which was pretty good. Last year I ordered one 6-pack Gurkha sampler and then did the 10-stick Gurkha sampler Ccom had. I was going to try a different Gurkha a day and I was pretty Gurkha'd out by the 4th or 5th stick.

A couple of highlights for me though were the Nepalese Warrior and the Micro-Batch TPB-1. I don't know if this happens to other people, but Gurkhas have a distinct flavor that I seem to get with every Gurkha I try.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    sightunseen:
    I tried the Titan II, which was pretty good. Last year I ordered one 6-pack Gurkha sampler and then did the 10-stick Gurkha sampler Ccom had. I was going to try a different Gurkha a day and I was pretty Gurkha'd out by the 4th or 5th stick.

A couple of highlights for me though were the Nepalese Warrior and the Micro-Batch TPB-1. I don't know if this happens to other people, but Gurkhas have a distinct flavor that I seem to get with every Gurkha I try.
    Im a huge fan of the TPB-1. have had 2 of the other micro batches, and wasnt crazy about them. Still have to try toe c10... but the TPB was great.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I found a few I like, and a few I can tolerate. I am not a huge fan though.
  • Options
    asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    I'm not an everyday smoker but I've had a few, and I think the number of Gurkhas I've had unravel on me early on is comparable to the number of non-Gurkhas I've had wrapper issues with.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I have some titans with a year on them, and a box of s2's with about a year on them as well - both good; also have a couple beasts with a year but I'm not a fan of them. Centurians are ok too, gonna let them sit for a year or so before I smoke one, though..
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I have given several a chance ... I have several Resting. I do Like the Legend and I have two of those Shaggy Salomones resting! AWESOME looking stick who knows. and I have some assasins. I dont know but i would say I am on the fence.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like about half of the ones I've tried. But I have never had a contruction problem with any of them.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    The one Gurkha that really blew me a way was the Signature 101 Maduro. The C-10 is a nice connie IMO and I don't mind the signature gold. The rest have been pretty "meh".

I haven't tried the Legend but I have two perfecto's resting now with just under 3 months on them. Don't know what I'm saving them for but I figure some extra rest can't hurt.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far the ones I have liked the best were the Legend, the Turk and the Signature 101.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    doromath:
    The one Gurkha that really blew me a way was the Signature 101 Maduro. The C-10 is a nice connie IMO and I don't mind the signature gold. The rest have been pretty "meh".

I haven't tried the Legend but I have two perfecto's resting now with just under 3 months on them. Don't know what I'm saving them for but I figure some extra rest can't hurt.
    +1 on the Signature 101 Maduro. Very nice smoke and not too pricey for a Gurkha. I think I got a 6 x 56, or so, for around $8 at a B&M.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Oddly, I like some of their "value" priced smokes best. I liked he cuban legacy and park ave. I liked the few empire series I have tried. Otherwise wasn't bad, just not great like I expected.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I really liked the Titan II, I have another getting some more rest. This one and the VH-7 micro have been the only sticks from gurkha that impressed me. All the rest I have had are bleh, not bad but certainly not good.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    I think the Ancient Warrior is a really good Ghurka. Been wanting to try the VH7 micro blend that one sounds interesting.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Plus 1 on the ancient warrior