Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Prayer Request

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
I know I'm new but as some of you noticed I did a tour in Iraq. Well I got news that one of my closest friends on that deployment was just injured in Afghanistan. He's gonna live but has some bad injuries and lost a few of his Marines in the blast. I just ask that if you are a religious person could you please say a prayer for Sgt Shane Hafner and the Marines of 3/6 and their families and if not if you don't mind light one up in their memoriam. I already smoked a Romeo y Julieta Viejo in their memory. Thanks. E

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    You may be new but you're still a brother.
    Prayers going out for your friend.

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    gotcha
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm very saddened by this news. I like most soldiers who served in combat have lost too many brothers and seen too many wounded.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'm very saddened by this news. I like most soldiers who served in combat have lost too many brothers and seen too many wounded.
    +1 my thoughts & prayers are with you, your friend, & all of our military. I will pray for the families as well. Oh and just like Stephen said you are still one of us no matter how new you are. Go easy.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Sandman1am:
    phobicsquirrel:
    +1 my thoughts & prayers are with you, your friend, & all of our military. I will pray for the families as well. Oh and just like Stephen said you are still one of us no matter how new you are. Go easy.
    +2 Will make sure to add the to my prayers. Although my military career has been over for around 3 years now, it still tears me up to hear about our troops getting torn up. Please keep us posted on how your friend is doing as he heals up.

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    consider it done... prayers your way Bro, Welcome to a great Brotherhood here./
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    consider it done... prayers your way Bro, Welcome to a great Brotherhood here./
    +1 all too often I think about friends that I knew enlisted back in HS and wondered what happened to them, while I was declined due to physical limitations (vision etc.) I have always wanted to serve our country as many in my family have before. He will be in my prayers and smoking with me when I enjoy my cigars.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I'll be prayin.. thanks to all our vets and troops for their service
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    prayers headed out my brother ...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm not a religious man, but your friend and his fellow marines are in my thoughts for sure. So I'll light one up for our fallen soldiers.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my thoughts and prayers
  • Options
    Wow I'm def proud to say I'm apart of this brotherhood. Thanks everybody! I'll keep you all posted as to what's going on with him. His 3rd son is due in about a week and a half. They are trying to get him back from Germany in time for the birth. Again thanks! It really means alot!!!
  • Options
    LCarLCar Posts: 57
    Hope your friend arrives home safe and sound, and hope that he has a healthy baby boy. Welcome to the forums too.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    I'm not a religious man, but your friend and his fellow marines are in my thoughts for sure. So I'll light one up for our fallen soldiers.
    +1
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and your buddies will be in our prayers.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    +1

+2
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    ljl:
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    +1

+2
    Me three...thanks for your service.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I am hoping to have an update on when he'll be back stateside in the next few days
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    I know I'm new but as some of you noticed I did a tour in Iraq. Well I got news that one of my closest friends on that deployment was just injured in Afghanistan. He's gonna live but has some bad injuries and lost a few of his Marines in the blast. I just ask that if you are a religious person could you please say a prayer for Sgt Shane Hafner and the Marines of 3/6 and their families and if not if you don't mind light one up in their memoriam. I already smoked a Romeo y Julieta Viejo in their memory. Thanks. E
    Once upon a time many moons ago I was proud to serve in HQCo 6th Marines. To the men of BLT 3/6, my thoughts and prayers for your success and joyful homecoming. To those who paid a price and lived, heal fast, get well, hold your head high.

To those we lost...thank you. A cigar in your memory, and a salute.

You kept faith to the end. Semper Fidelis, Marines.
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    +1
    +1 more
  • Options
    Shane is in the states and is doing great! I appreciate everything guys! He still has a very long road ahead of him but atleast we have this