Home General Discussion
Options

Ccom Herf

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
The Capt's sitdown is making me jealous. I really want to go and have a good time but unfortunately its the same weekend that I'm having friends at our beachouse and that has been planned since december.

Anyways the point in this is that I really would like to have a herf with you guys sometime but even if the weekend was free Michigan would be a hard trip for quite a few of us. How many people would be interested in a Cigar.com herf? I figure we could try to find the most centralized place for everyone who wants to be involved and the best weekend for everyone. We'll figure out the where, etc after we find out who'd actually want to be involved.

Kuzi buddy you have to be down for this, I know you work a lot of weekends but we'll work with your schedule.

Capt, I'm not trying to steal your thunder one bit and hope you could make this one too.

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    How about a virtual herf?
  • Options
    dutyje:
    How about a virtual herf?
    Good idea, but I'd rather a real one. Wouldn't you?
  • Options
    At least you and I need to herf sometime, I mean you're 4 hours away.
  • Options
    Really? I had no idea VA Beach was that close... heck the coast of NC is 4 hrs away. We should get together sometime. I usually stay in the mountains of NC, VA, WV... closest I get to VA Beach is the crags around Winston-Salem.
  • Options
    VA beach is only 30 minutes from Nags Head. Mapquest says 6 hours from VA Beach to Charlotte but idk about that I drove down there not too long ago to buy a limo and it only took us like 5 and we stopped and ate lunch and everything.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I'll be in VB for work for a few days sometime in September myself. We'll have to set something up.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I like the idea and would volunteer my house if needed. I live right in the center of the states and have enough room for everyone. Even have 3 extra bedrooms (only one actually has a bed). Just throwing it out there. I'd be down for traveling up to 4 hours though.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I don't know if noobs with small stashes are invited, but I'd be down if it isn't too far away from PA. It's getting to be FB season and I can't be too far away from my Stillers.
  • Options
    It's not the size of your stash that counts.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    It's the filler?
  • Options
    CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Maduro, The Mid-West sit-down is the original Cigar.com get together. Alex, Thor and I started this back 4 years ago. The reason we called it the Mid-West Sitdown is because it originated in Chicago at Sullivan's, but alot of people couldn't afford Sullivan's and lodging in Chicago, so we moved it a few hundred miles east, and so so the story goes....... I wish more from here could make it, but we still have at least a dozen Cigar.com customers coming from all over the US.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ill get to one some day capt. just not this year. my vacation was eaten up by two trips that i hadnt really planned on.
  • Options
    Make Cybrus pick you up on the way from Pittsburg!
  • Options
    Capt:
    Maduro, The Mid-West sit-down is the original Cigar.com get together. Alex, Thor and I started this back 4 years ago. The reason we called it the Mid-West Sitdown is because it originated in Chicago at Sullivan's, but alot of people couldn't afford Sullivan's and lodging in Chicago, so we moved it a few hundred miles east, and so so the story goes....... I wish more from here could make it, but we still have at least a dozen Cigar.com customers coming from all over the US.
    I didn't know that Capt. Thanks for sharing. Do you always have it about the same time every year? If so next year I'll do my best to be there. I gotta see this walk-in of yours!!. I really would have tried to come this year if we hadn't set this weekend up with friends so long ago.

Like I said I wasn't trying to steal the thunder of the Sit Down at all, I hope it didn't come across this way. Its just a few of these guys like kuzi, kas, duty, urbi, a few others and I talk almost daily for months now and I'd love to herf with these guys.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    I like the idea and would volunteer my house if needed. I live right in the center of the states and have enough room for everyone. Even have 3 extra bedrooms (only one actually has a bed). Just throwing it out there. I'd be down for traveling up to 4 hours though.
    You are in a good location!

Luko everyone would be invited!

Zoom, I'll pm you my cell #, gimme a call when you're in town.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Capt:
    I didn't know that Capt. Thanks for sharing. Do you always have it about the same time every year? If so next year I'll do my best to be there. I gotta see this walk-in of yours!!. I really would have tried to come this year if we hadn't set this weekend up with friends so long ago.

Like I said I wasn't trying to steal the thunder of the Sit Down at all, I hope it didn't come across this way. Its just a few of these guys like kuzi, kas, duty, urbi, a few others and I talk almost daily for months now and I'd love to herf with these guys.
    Maduro, it varies throughout the summer. I have had it in June, July and August in the past years. I'll try to set the date earlier next year so you can all make plans to come.
  • Options
    Thanks capt.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Capt:
    Make Cybrus pick you up on the way from Pittsburg!
    thats a good idea