Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar of the month club

2»

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Sandman1am:
    I got mine in today, not sure about the sizes because I had to eyeball them. The Newsletter wasn't included in my order which sucks. I always enjoy reading about each stick why it was picked, flavor profile, etc. The 5 pack is labelled "Dominican Assorted 5 Cigars."

Romeo y Julieta 1875 Churchill
    Romeo y Julieta 1875 Reserva Real Toro
    H. Upmann either a Churchhill or Lonsdale??? This stick is 6" but it's not listed anywhere that I can find.
    Montecristo White Toro
    Montecristo Platinum Vintage 1999 Habana No. 2
    3 MOW Armada 1size fits all
    and a plastic guillotine cutter

Not a bad looking bunch. If I wasn't into mild-med. cigars I would be disappointed with some of them but thats the beauty of this thing, I get to try all new cigars this month. Overall a good value IMO.
    that is the same assortment pictured in the catalog... man, i can't wait for those armadas...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Hawk55:
    I was hoping for something a bit different..I am not into the mild-medium sticks often.
    That's the beauty of this thing, if you don't like them you can trade them or give them away. Next month might be a Maduro month who knows. Also keep in mind that your 1st month is a standard package and they already have 3 full bodied sticks in the Armadas. I've gotten it before and they do a pretty good job of mixing things up.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Good point. Thanks for the input Sandman.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm ready for an ultra full bodied spicy habano month.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    So I got my COTM package today, all the Dominicans as advertised and even the introductory paper saying here are your armadas and cutter.... But no armadas or cutter were in there. Pretty annoyed. Anyone else have this issue?
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    So I got my COTM package today, all the Dominicans as advertised and even the introductory paper saying here are your armadas and cutter.... But no armadas or cutter were in there. Pretty annoyed. Anyone else have this issue?
    I was just about to post this exact same thing. I got mine yesterday, with the insert saying there were free Armadas and a cutter, but all I got was the 5 from the COTMC... I'm about to email Kelly and find out whats up.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I will check on this for you guys. If anyone did not get the freebie, we will ship you a new one no questions asked. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
  • Options
    aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    pm sent jetmech sorry it took so long to get back.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    So i called in this morning and talked to one of the reps, i think it was Matt, and he was very apologetic, and got my 3 armadas in the mail today....along with some other stuff ive been been staring at for the last few months.....and shipping was gratis. I love this place, it truly is the above and beyond customer service that keeps me coming back!!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    I got mine in today, not sure about the sizes because I had to eyeball them. The Newsletter wasn't included in my order which sucks. I always enjoy reading about each stick why it was picked, flavor profile, etc. The 5 pack is labelled "Dominican Assorted 5 Cigars."

H. Upmann either a Churchhill or Lonsdale??? This stick is 6" but it's not listed anywhere that I can find.
    Montecristo White Toro

Not a bad looking bunch. If I wasn't into mild-med. cigars I would be disappointed with some of them but thats the beauty of this thing, I get to try all new cigars this month. Overall a good value IMO.
    So, is this your first COTM package? I ask because I've been a member for a couple of years, and haven't seen this at all. If it's your first I'm envious, but not upset. If this is the November deal, I'm looking forward to getting that!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Amos Umwhat:
    Sandman1am:

Montecristo White Toro

So, is this your first COTM package? I ask because I've been a member for a couple of years, and haven't seen this at all. If it's your first I'm envious, but not upset. If this is the November deal, I'm looking forward to getting that!
    The "First" month changes from time to time. When I signed up it was 5 Gurkhas. Then it was some Gurkhas, MoW, Padilla and I forget what else. Now, I believe what you are seeing above is the new "first" month.
  • Options
    I ordered mine last week so I think with the holiday it will ship this wed..that's what matt said atleast
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Jetmech_63:
    same thing here... Kelly fixed it for me though... the Armadas are on their way...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    rwheelwright:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Sandman1am:

Montecristo White Toro

The "First" month changes from time to time. When I signed up it was 5 Gurkhas. Then it was some Gurkhas, MoW, Padilla and I forget what else. Now, I believe what you are seeing above is the new "first" month.
    Correct this is the new 1st month COTM package. It does change from time to time because the 1st time I had COTM I got Graycliffs, a Gurkha, and a few others I don't remember now because it's been over a year. My thinking is that they were trying to restore some buzz about the COTMC with the MOW Armadas & I think they did a very good job of it.

Amos if you wanted those 3 Armadas you could call in and get them. Alex said that all standing COTMC members would be offered them at a discounted price (sorry don't remember how much) for your loyalty. I'm sure it's in the MOW Armada thread if you are interested.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yowza! thanks for the heads up, hope I'm not too late
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain