Home General Discussion
Options

My boffo-but-not-as-boffo-as-urbi's birthday order.

I didn't have quite as much to spend as Urbi, but I've been working on this order for the past month, waiting for a Friday deal I couldn't pass up. This was the last week before my birthday discount expires, so I just placed this order:

Arturo Fuente God of Fire, Arturo Fuente God of Fire Sampler In Stock 1 $103.46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Graycliff Original Release (1997), Gran Dame, Sumatra, 5 X 35 In Stock 2 $14.40
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gurkha Titan 5 Pack In Stock 1 $26.96
Gurkha Regent Toro Five Pack In Stock 1 $18.00
Cuban Heritage 3 Pack In Stock 1 $4.50
One Day Deal, CAO Conmemorativo Sampler 7 Cigars + DVD In Stock 1 $29.95
Don Pepin Garcia All Star Sampler In Stock 1 $18.00
Free Offer: Cigar.com Deluxe Humidor, Cigar.com Deluxe Humidor In Stock 1 $0.00
Cigar.com - Birthday - 10% Off $100 or more ($21.53)

Item Total $193.74
Saver shipping $5.95
Order Total $199.69

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Me likes the look of that order...lots of stuff I've wanted to try. May rip it off. Is that CAO Commemorativo a great deal - not very familiar with CAO?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds good Scrambler, you've got some good deals packed in there, get some bang for your buck.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    Sounds good Scrambler, you've got some good deals packed in there, get some bang for your buck.
    Indeed. Very high bang:buck ratio there. Looks like you're exploring the strong end of the spectrum with this order, Scram.
  • Options
    BTW, Scram, it's not the size of the order that counts. It's how hard you boff it.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    urbino:
    BTW, Scram, it's not the size of the order that counts. It's how hard you boff it.
    LOL, thats great!

My goal was to get the best value I could, especially on things that I wouldn't normally buy at regular price. Managing to get an assortment of GoF's at below box retail was something I couldn't pass up. Same with adding the 10% COTMC and 10% birthday discount to already great deals like the Titans.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Dang Scram .. that's pretty freaking boffo... I didn't know the Gurkha Titan 5-pack was still available.. Is that still the checkout deal?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Nice order scram!! Save one of those GoF's for me when we herf in November? lol
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Looks like a lot of August birthdays! Mine's next week also.
    Here's my order (not all from ccom, sorry) - a few samplers.

2 - ITC 10th Anniversary Toro (6.5" x 52)
    2 - Rocky Patel Fusion Double Maduro Torpedo (6.25" x 52)
    2 - Gurkha Park Avenue Churchill (7" x 48)
    2 - Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Magnum (6" x 50)
    2 - Man O’ War Robusto (5.5" x 50)

4 - Graycliff 1666 Torpedo (6" x 52)
    4 - Padilla Obsidian Belicoso (6" x 54)
    4 - 5 Vegas Series 'A' Archetype (6" x 50)

5 for 5 Smooth & Creamy Sampler
    One Day Deal, CAO Commemorativo Sampler

10- P. Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto
    That's 44 sticks of goodness. I think that's going to fill the second humi to the brim.
  • Options
    My birthday is monday. Unfortunately I'm not orderig a damn thing unless someone builds me a walk in for my birthday.
  • Options
    You've got a month to cash in that 10% discount... that's what I plan to do, although I almost pulled the trigger on an order last night.
  • Options
    I need to smoke about 2 months worth of cigars to get back down to what fits in my humis.
  • Options
    Well get busy.
  • Options
    Hey, I'm here for you maddy.. can't have you passing up this discount. Just ship me some of your excess and I'll take care of it.
  • Options
    I think I have some Macanudo's taking up space ;)
  • Options
    Thanks, but we've got all the mulch we need :)
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Thanks, but we've got all the mulch we need :)
    LOL! ... no macadoodoo's are really in my humi but a few days ago I did find a couple hav-a-tampa jewels hiding in an old junk door.
  • Options
    There do seem to be lots of August birthdays. Happy birthday, Scram, zoom, and maddy!
  • Options
    Nice order, zoom. I think you'll enjoy those RP Double Maduros thoroughly.