Home General Discussion

Today was a good day indeed.

So I don't like Wednesday. Work is slow and I need to look busy, I work for a Japannes company. I look at the 4 things I need to get done today. By 9.30 all but 1 thing is done. I get a call from our shipping/receiving guy asking a favor. "Can you do a 100 mile round trip and pick up this stuff for me. Your gas is paid for and I will buy you lunch for a week." "Ok I said". For some reason our company hasn't changed our per mile amout. For the 100 mile round trip I get an extra $100 in my pay check. That on top of Lunch for a week ment I can place another order at ccom. On the way I past my old B+M store. since I moved I haven't made it up this way for a while. I pull into the coffee shop next door. I know the server so with free coffee and cake in hand i walk next door to the B+M. Another guy I know serveing he gives me a NUB con for free to go with the coffee. So here I am "working" with my free coffee, cigar, and cake. Getting paid extra and enjoying the clear blue skies. I wish all W'days were like this.

Comments

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    That is an awesome day. With the way work has been going lately, I consider a good day when I can slip out for a 15 minute lunch. In this economy though, I won't complain.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    So how do you feel about Wednesday's now? LMAO, good day indeed.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I will let you know how I like W'days next week. Need another to see if this is going to be a good trend
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great day indeed. I like it when I can work from home and have a cigar during lunch!

"Long ashes my friends."

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Nice! I'm jealous. I've been studing all frickin day. Exam in a few minutes...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    TatuajeVI:
    Nice! I'm jealous. I've been studing all frickin day. Exam in a few minutes...
    I'm jealous too! My job is nowhere near exciting! Phil what are you studying?