Home General Discussion

Special Stick Tonight

Ok so I have seen the threads for special occasion cigars but I have a bit of a different situation. Today at work I was with 2 plumbers and we had to dig up the water shutoff valve for the hotel. About 2 feet down we started running into PVC pipes for sprinklers and all that fun stuff and what we thought was drain pipe. It was in line with drain tiles and same color pipe as a drain would be. So one of the guys started cutting away the PVC pipes and we would just replace them when we finished. So with the corded Ridgid saw he got to the drain pipe, BOOM, main electrical feed for half of the street. 7000 volts started arcing out all over the place we grabbed the guy from the hole and looked as half of the saw blade was gone. Amazingly noone was electricuted and we all walked away with nothing but melted plastic stuck to our sunglasses. So the question then is what stick to have when you are celebrating the noone is dead or hospitalized. Oh and just a quick endorsment. The Ridgid Sawzall still works.

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I would celebrate with whatever you enjoy, I've been electrocuted before and I didnt have a cigar on hand, wish I did.. but you should definitely celebrate, not dying is definitely something to celebrate
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I'd grab the first woman and cigar I could get my hands on.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    not dying is definitely something to celebrate
    Tru dat! I celebrate not dying every day when I enjoy my cigar. I look at it as my reward to myself for making it through another day in this crazy game called life. Do yourself a favor and light up one of whatever cigar you have in your humi that you have really been wanting to try, and then follow it up with your favorite cigar. Can't go wrong with that combo
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    undulac:
    I get slapped in the mall all the time for this, so make sure you know her first ;-)
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    ejenne87:
    undulac:
    I get slapped in the mall all the time for this, so make sure you know her first ;-)
    I am pretty sure that my wife wouldnt like me doing that and I would end up getting slapped twice. Once by the girl I grab and then my wife. Or maybe if I play it right.....wait thats never going to work. But I do have a couple Opus X's that I have been holding out on but since I have never had one I think this might just be the day. I was holding out for my birthday to have my first Opus but this might work. Got the house to myself gonna go put a steak on the grill and fire one up.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    dude do it that sounds awesome! steak and a stoagie, thats heaven
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Got lit up by lightning once while camping. I vowed to quit smoking cheap junk and live life to the fullest. I also thanked my God for another day to enjoy it. Dude grab the best stick you have and fire that sucker off.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    illinoisgolf99:
    dude do it that sounds awesome! steak and a stoagie, thats heaven
    +1 Nothing like a great steak followed up by a great cigar! If you've been saving a few OpusX - now sounds like a good day to enjoy one! Glad you're ok, man.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    If you have something you have been saving, Smoke it!
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    If you haven't already started, may I recommend you run out and grab a bottle of scotch or your favorite spirit to celebrate, along with that steak and stogie? Nothing like the triple s: Steak, Stogie, and Spirits
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    If you haven't already started, may I recommend you run out and grab a bottle of scotch or your favorite spirit to celebrate, along with that steak and stogie? Nothing like the triple s: Steak, Stogie, and Spirits
    I have the other triple S's, but they differ from yours, but yours sound much better: Sh*t, Shower, and Shave