Home General Discussion
Options

organizing a coolerdor

urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
Hey, coolerdor owners, has anybody found a good way to organize the space in one? Mine needs some, big time. It's a 120-qt. ice chest, which means it has lots of space, but it's just space. One big space. The more cigars I put in it, the harder it is to get at -- or find -- anything that isn't right on the top.

Right now, that isn't too huge a problem, but I'd rather it not develop into one.

So has anybody found any kind of shelving or organizers that work well in a coolerdor?

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I have no such giant coolerdor, but if I did, I'd take the tops off of cigar boxes and use them as trays.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I don't buy many boxes. The handful I'd accumulated over the years, I broke up before I'd thought about the organizational problem.

I've been looking at various [vented] plastic or wire organizers at Target and Wal-Mart. I'll probably cobble something together from some combination of those, with some cedar in the bottom of each. I'll just have to remember to open the cooler once a day or so to let the gasses from the plastic vent.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue though mines not quite 120 qt. Let me know what you come up with. So far I'm just using two trays that came out of cigar boxes.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    you can buy spanish cedar trays, like the lift out ones in many humidors, from some places, or hit up a local B&M and see if they have any empty boxes you can have for free or real cheap. That's how I would go about it.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    cigar.com also sells empty boxes for $3/each... potentially another option
  • Options
    Ah, yes. A bit of googling turned up a few tray options. Thanks, Joe. (You, too, Joe.)
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this would work but what about those PAPER organizers they use in many offices?

You know, the ones that hold an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet and are about 3" high? Then you could just line the BOTTOM of thos with cedar but depending on space you could have TONS of shelves and each one could be a different date/age/theme/wrapper etc.

Plus you could line the back wall with them so it'd look like the wall of a post office and then the other half would be for boxes and bigger items and such!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbi PM sent
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    urbi PM sent
    Thanks! Likewise.

Those are among the options I've looked at, Lassy. I really like the interlocking stackability. There's also some smaller trays -- they look a little like mini laundry baskets -- that Target sells. Right now, I'm stewing on how to make the cedar trays Joe mentioned interlocking.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    If you've got an IKEA store near you, they have all kinds of neat little storage stackers and dividers also.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Have you gotten your cooler organized yet? If not, then I will help you out. just mail me the cooler with all the cigars in it and then I will make sure it is organized and send it back.

Of course it shouldn't be too hard to organize the 4 or 5 sticks that will be left. LOL
  • Options
    I'll get back to you on that offer, Ron. Real soon.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Alright, just here for you brother. LOL
  • Options
    Much appreciated, man. You probably shouldn't leave your computer until you hear from me on this. You don't want to miss it.
  • Options
    http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=5895&forum_id=6 I found this site if it helps.. and thank you I didnt even know you could do that...I think im gunna giver a shot..