Home General Discussion

Heartfelt industries

Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
Would a 70% RH bead humidifier be good for a 20 ct humi? I'm trying to get my humidity alittle higher.

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    That works. 70% RH is the general rule of thumb. Some people store their sticks at 65% RH because certain sticks burn better at a lower RH.
  • 24footjet24footjet Posts: 132
    I think I read a little about your 65% humidity. Trust most of the people on here and stay there. You will start having burn issues if you hold 70%. Just my 2 cents.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    24footjet:
    I think I read a little about your 65% humidity. Trust most of the people on here and stay there. You will start having burn issues if you hold 70%. Just my 2 cents.
    +1 I turned off the heat and my humidity went up. Since then I've had a few burn issues and a few amonia tasting sticks.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I've been converting my smoking humis to beads. These I have used the 65% beads in. In the aging coolidors that I have I used the 70% beads. I do think you get a bit better burn results with the 65% beads.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Pacman84:
    Would a 70% RH bead humidifier be good for a 20 ct humi? I'm trying to get my humidity alittle higher.
    it should be fine if you want to up the RH. I always have a tendency to overcompensate with beads. if the calculations on their site say to use "X" amount i will use "2X" less charging and i dont feel that i lost that much space.

im not exactly sure why but 70% beads have a tiny bit harder time maintaining RH in the more humid months. if it is very humid in your part of Texas i would recommend going with either the 65% beads or if you are dead set on 70% only keeping them about 5% - 10% charged (only 10% clear the rest white) in theory this should work because the beads will then want to keep pulling RH out of the air and soaking it up.
    ive even had to actively de-charge my beads in the past by taking them out of the humidor and placing them next to an air conditioning vent for an hour or so. (while running of course)