Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Empire VI

I smoked one of these today when I got home from work. Well I should say I tried to smoke one. The draw was so tight I could get any smoke at all. I tried the old roll and squeeze, I tried my poker. Nothing got it drawing. I ended up with a H Upmann. It was milder than I thought it would be, but very nice. I will buy these again, not the Gurkha. Anyone else had problems with this line?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Some of the Empire line do have a slightly firm draw.
    I hit it once with the poker and I'm good to go.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've had several of these and yes they are tightly packed. I found the V to be less packed in general than the others.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I've had a few IIIs since they came out. While packed kind of tight, I don't recall draw issues. I did have 1 VI and it also seemed OK. I have another one resting since I felt it might do it some good.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Glad I didn't buy a box of these. I was thinking about it a couple of months ago, after I tried my first one of the VI's. I've only had two now, but they were both spectacular. The draw was a little on the tight side, but nothing really bad.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    after smoking my first set of these I was set on a box of 3's and 4's but after finishing my 5ers I came to the conclusion not too. I still like the 3 and have another 5er. I think gurkha and others pump too much out too fast. I'm down for smokes that come out in a good amount of time and are able to be fully researched and cared for before they get released.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Just had one. Really good flavor, great burn, decent draw, wrapper went kaboom about 1.5" in. Might try another, i really liked the flavor.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have one of these resting and now I am afraid to try it.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    This is the last one I have to smoke from the Empire line.
    So far I loved the 2 the most...