Home General Discussion

Funny College Story...

rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
Here's a little story I thought I'd share with you folks. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the day when I was in college I had a roommate who probably wasn't the sharpest tack in the bunch... He was about 3 bales shy of a full load...

He was a cigarette smoker and decided one day he was going to try a cigar. He goes out to some local "cigarette outlet" and comes back with his stoagie... Age and wisdom has now revealed that it was obviously a novelty cigar, and probably never intended for smoking... This thing was big enough to have it's own zip code... It had to be at LEAST 12 inches long (that's what she said) and at least an inch and a half in diameter. I have no idea what he paid for it (I honestly can't remember if he did tell me) but I do know that he was under the distinct impression that it was a "very high quality cigar". Wait... What's that? Listen very closely... I think I can still hear the owner of that shop laughing his ass off...

Anyway... So he comes back and decides to light this thing up. Now I was a cigarette smoker at the time, and so was he, but neither of us had ANY clue about cigars... We were both just under the impression that a cigar was just a "bigger and better tasting" version of a cigarette...

So he whacks off the end of this thing with a kitchen knife and we go outside on the patio to smoke it. He took a few drags off of it after it was lit and passed it to me... I took one drag, almost died choking and gave it back and said no thanks, enjoy... Well, that's exactly what he did... He sat there over the next two hours or so and smoked damn near the whole cigar...

And yes... Being the dumb cigarette smokers that we were, he inhaled every puff... Well, so did I, but fortunately one was enough for me!

Needless to say by the time the smoke was over he could barely breath, his head felt like someone was beating it with a sledgehammer, and he spent the next 30+ hours paying hommage to the porcelin throne...

Oddly, he never smoked another cigar after that... LOL, and I waited about 12 years... LOL

Comments

• la-henryla-henry Posts: 74
    .........I had a cigar like that once. It was called the indio chief. My buddy and I bought it as a joke and smoked it before he left for the marines. It was the worst cigar i've ever had. But still funny as hell to smoke a cigar that long.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Oh yes the Puros Indios Chief, huge stick ...
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Yeah, 18" by 66 ring. I saw a review of that one on another board, the guy journaled his entire smoke from pre-light to final puff. It was pretty wild. I'll see if I can find it. If I remember he said it took him all day to smoke it. I'm wondering if they send you a T-shirt and put your name on the wall like some of those steak houses.

check out the picture of this monster... I thought it was a summer sausage, not a cigar. http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/CigarJack/albums/Cigars/Cuban_Parejo_Galaxia_Held.sized.jpg
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Chief is massive, no doubt about that. And the Perdomo Cuban Parejo Galaxia is equally monstrous at 10x100, which is what's in the picture link. I don't know how someone could smoke on of those all the way, it would have to take at least 5-7 hours to smoke something so massive.
    My thoughts on both of these is ... WHY?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    My thoughts on both of these is ... WHY?
    I know. I see the novelty in it, but I'd scarcely consider smoking one.
    I heard about a guy at my local B&M getting sick off a Chief, stupid.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I showed that to my girlfriend and she fainted.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    zoom6zoom:
    This is where I'm supposed to remember not to derail threads, right?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    zoom6zoom:
    I was waiting for you to **** this up
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    zoom6zoom:
    I was waiting for you to **** this up
    Hehehe, did somebody say "****?"
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517

giggles, runs out of the room
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I laid that **** out there for you boys on purpose, and I knew you couldn't resist lapping it up
    lapping **** *blushes*