Home Cigar 101

Exhaling through the nose.

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
So my question is pretty straight forward, how exactly does one exhale through the nose in reference to cigar smoking?

I have heard people talking about how they exhale through the nose, but this is something I haven't done and actually don't really know how to do. I suppose I'm a bit confused as I've always heard that you don't inhale cigar smoke, so exhaling through the nose would seem a bit difficult to me.

Your answers are appreciated, and will no doubt help me along my road to knowing what I'm doing with cigar smoking.

- Joe

Comments

• CrimthannCrimthann Posts: 37
    j0z3r:
    So my question is pretty straight forward, how exactly does one exhale through the nose in reference to cigar smoking?

I have heard people talking about how they exhale through the nose, but this is something I haven't done and actually don't really know how to do. I suppose I'm a bit confused as I've always heard that you don't inhale cigar smoke, so exhaling through the nose would seem a bit difficult to me.

Your answers are appreciated, and will no doubt help me along my road to knowing what I'm doing with cigar smoking.

- Joe

you got me curious and i found the two following methods to try it.
    "The rolling method is simply this - after taking a puff from your cigar simply close your mouth and push some of the smoke out of your nose. The rest of the smoke is then blown out through the mouth. You may choose how much smoke to exhale out of the nose and then the mouth. I recommend starting with a small amount through the nose and working up to exhaling more as you get used to rolling the smoke. This method is called rolling because it “rolls” the smoke up through your palate, which is on the back of the roof of your mouth, through the sinuses and out of the nose. "

2nd is :
    First, take a decent puff from a properly-lit stogie. Not surprisingly, your mouth will fill up with delicious smoke. Good. Next, slowly release about 80 to 90 percent of that smoke by gently blowing out. After that, close your lips, trapping the remaining smoke in your mouth. This time, instead of releasing, literally swallow the smoke (as you would any food or beverage). Then, with your mouth still closed, blow out through your nose. If you see smoke, congratulations…you’ve just smoked through your nose.

I'll try it out next time i smoke one.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Cool, thanks for that.

When I thought about it, the first method was the logical one I could come up with through manipulating regular air in my mouth as it seemed to work.

Anyway, good to know, and thanks again.

Joe
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bump, to show nooblets that everyone starts somewhere.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Nevermind, just saw that Rain was doing his research....LOL, thanks Rain