Home Cigar 101
Options

I made a boo boo...

Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
So I know it may be a stupid question, but I'll ask it :). Last night I forgot! my humidor open for about an hour (maybe less). Humidity had dropped to 52 or something, but it restored pretty quickly once I closed it... My question is - this wouldn't necessarily hurt my cigars, right? Last thing I need is do turds :/

Comments

• Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    nah, youre probably okay if you let em rest with the lid closed for a week or so. An hour won't hurt em.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Yea, I think the sticks are going to be fine. I don't think an hour is a material amount of time to turdify the cigars.

I can only imagine the mild heart attack you had when you realized you left the lid open.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I gotta disagree with the posters so far - I think you're really screwed here. After an hour with the lid open, the cigars are going to be dried out, tasteless, and rather disgusting. The best thing you can do is send them to me for proper disposal.

• Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    xmacro:
    I gotta disagree with the posters so far - I think you're really screwed here. After an hour with the lid open, the cigars are going to be dried out, tasteless, and rather disgusting. The best thing you can do is send them to me for proper disposal.

I think he has far too many for one person to dispose of properly. He should send some to me as well to make sure the job is correctly done. :-)
  • Options
    The Cank:
    xmacro:

I think he has far too many for one person to dispose of properly. He should send some to me as well to make sure the job is correctly done. :-)
    Hahahah... Only if you pay the shipping ;)!

Otherwise - It was a shock especially because I did not realize it until I went to bed. So I'm there, laying in bed with all light out and about to go to sleep. I look towards where my main humi is (in a nice place where I can always keep an eye on it ;)) and I see something strange - it looks propped vertically! I squint my eyes and realize the lid is up. My girlfriend cursed at me as I jumped out of the bed with my flashlight, frantically inspected everything and recharged my drymistat tubes within 1 minute LOL... Ima baby them now...
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    The Cank:
    xmacro:

Hahahah... Only if you pay the shipping ;)!

Otherwise - It was a shock especially because I did not realize it until I went to bed. So I'm there, laying in bed with all light out and about to go to sleep. I look towards where my main humi is (in a nice place where I can always keep an eye on it ;)) and I see something strange - it looks propped vertically! I squint my eyes and realize the lid is up. My girlfriend cursed at me as I jumped out of the bed with my flashlight, frantically inspected everything and recharged my drymistat tubes within 1 minute LOL... Ima baby them now...
    lol, lid being open for hour or so isn't a big deal...now if u kept it open for a couple of days...then you will probably have some issues.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    My brother, you paint a very obsessive and possessive behavior trait here...
  • Options
    Hawk55:
    My brother, you paint a very obsessive and possessive behavior trait here...
    ? I'm sorry? I'm foreign I don't understand :/ lol (like Justin Bieber doesn't know what German is)
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    lol, I had a good laugh imagining you leaping out of bed frantically and your girlfriend all pissed off! they'll be fine, no worries.
  • Options
    aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    well think about it. you dry box cigars for an hour or so don't you? I know that would suck to leave it open but like everyone else has said already you are fine.