Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Blues Band Info

gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
Our annual city Blues festival is coming up in August and they have headliners booked that I don't know anything about. The first night is the Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi Band and the second night it's Michael Franti and Spearhead. Was wondering if anyone knew much about either of these bands and if so, which night would you recommend? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Derek Trucks is amazing.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Susan Tedeschi has put out some tasty stuff over the years too.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Derek Trucks is the slide player for the Allman Brothers too. He is definately great at the slide guitar but his playing didn't do much for me with emotion or great solos.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The Allman Bros Band, now that was great white boy blues. Man I followed those guys when they played the local bars in Jacksonville. Still have "Live at the Fillmore East" some of the best stuff they ever did. Saw them many times here in j'ville
  • Options
    Thanks guys....think we'll go see Derek Trucks Band. Fla-gypsy-that must have been amazing!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    We were on the leading edge of the Southern Rock phenomena, what most don't know is many of those pushing it forward were kicking out some great stuff long before it became popular. You didn't think we were listening to Disco down here did you? LOL The Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Skynyrd, Black Oak Ark. CDB, and many others came our way often during the 70's, but the Brothers started it all. Heck, Molly Hatchet played my Senior Prom
  • Options
    Highly jealous...I grew up in live music wasteland-that is why I try to go to any live music performance here that is worth a damn.