Home Non Cigar Related

Peppers.....

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So how many of you have ate hot peppers? I mean like the habanero pepper the ghost chili? I ask because last weekend a friend and I downed a few raw habanero's and then took on the ghost chili. I have to say it was frackin hot. I think we went through almost a gallon of milk and my mouth was still burning. It went away after 15 minutes or so but the burps were horrible! Anyway we both are hitting up a local joint that has a challenge where you have to put down 5 fritters stuff with habanero's and a dipping sauce which is also habanero, 10 pounds all together goes into it. We saw it on Man Vs Food so this saturday we're giving it a shot. Anyway I was hoping some of you have shared in my misery... lol

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    phobicsquirrel:
    So how many of you have ate hot peppers? I mean like the habanero pepper the ghost chili? I ask because last weekend a friend and I downed a few raw habanero's and then took on the ghost chili. I have to say it was frackin hot. I think we went through almost a gallon of milk and my mouth was still burning. It went away after 15 minutes or so but the burps were horrible! Anyway we both are hitting up a local joint that has a challenge where you have to put down 5 fritters stuff with habanero's and a dipping sauce which is also habanero, 10 pounds all together goes into it. We saw it on Man Vs Food so this saturday we're giving it a shot. Anyway I was hoping some of you have shared in my misery... lol
    I've seen that. I've eaten raw habanero's, and chugged an entire BIG bottle of Tabasco. I have not had the ghost chili, but want to go to Hell Night here in Boston over Halloween. Everything is made with ghost chili's. The chicken pasta has three whole ghost chilis in it. I saw that episode of MvF as well. Good luck. Some advice? Take Mylanta or Prilosec before you do it, just to help afterwards.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, that sounds like a hell of a good halloween party. Thanks for the tip, we were planning on taking one or two habanero's before we go, just to warm up.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    The worst burn is not when you eat them, it happens the next day. Bring a comfortable cushion.
    cabinetmaker:
    The worst burn is not when you eat them, it happens the next day. Bring a comfortable cushion.
    lol, yeah had some of that already. But god darnit I want my picture on the wall! lol
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    phobicsquirrel:
    cabinetmaker:
    lol, yeah had some of that already. But god darnit I want my picture on the wall! lol
    LMAO Squirrel, you're a Class-A headcase brother! ROCK ON!!! :-)

• TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:

Also don't get giggly and then rub the water from you eyes. Also a very umpleasant event. :)
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:

Also don't get giggly and then rub the water from you eyes. Also a very umpleasant event. :)
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    the hottest I can go is Blazin from Buffalo Wild Wings but that's it. you are a ninja
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Are the fritters the ones on Man vs Food? No matter what it does'nt sound like a pleasant evening. Good luck!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I love hot. The hotter the better. I'm not happy unless I'm sweating and crying at the same time. I like Thai food..... a lot. I always ask for extra spicy and then drown it in more chili oil.

But I've also been tazed and pepper sprayed a few times too..... I'm silly like that too.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Personally I love really hot food, but only when the heat doesn't overwhelm flavor. If the burn is so strong that it keeps me from tasting anything, then it's not worth it to me.
    dennisking:
    the hottest I can go is Blazin from Buffalo Wild Wings but that's it. you are a ninja
    Already took down that challenge. Is it just me, or is the Wild hotter than the Blazin? Just my opinion on it.
    Tumbler:
    cabinetmaker:

That's very very very good advice. Don't rub your eyes or even your face, even with your napkin. It won't be a pleasant experience.
    lilwing88:
    I love hot. The hotter the better. I'm not happy unless I'm sweating and crying at the same time. I like Thai food..... a lot. I always ask for extra spicy and then drown it in more chili oil.

But I've also been tazed and pepper sprayed a few times too..... I'm silly like that too.
    You're a freak. I like that. I bought a hand-held tazer (one with no projectiles) and tazed myself on a bet once. After I got up, they bet me I would not do it again. They lost that bet too.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Nong Shim ramen is awesome for getting your daily recommended value of spiciness.
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I grow hananeros, smoke them, dehydrate them, and them put them in a special dispenser. I grind them on most everything. I use the maximill from grindhot.com. Sometimes before smoking them I first coat them with pure cap. You'd think it would be over powering, but the flavor is fantastic. I suppose I've become a bit imune over the years. I've seen some reviews from people who have been disappointed with the lack of heat from the ghost pepper. I suppose I'd better find out for myself one of these days.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    SQUIRREL...you are freakin NUTS!!!
    Theedge:
    I grow hananeros, smoke them, dehydrate them, and them put them in a special dispenser. I grind them on most everything. I use the maximill from grindhot.com. Sometimes before smoking them I first coat them with pure cap. You'd think it would be over powering, but the flavor is fantastic. I suppose I've become a bit imune over the years. I've seen some reviews from people who have been disappointed with the lack of heat from the ghost pepper. I suppose I'd better find out for myself one of these days.
    The ghost chili (naga jolokia) scores between 855,000 and 1,041,427 on the scoville Scale. The habanero scores 100,000-350,000. That means the ghost chili can be up to 10x hotter than a standard habanero. I think anyone who says it isn't hot, must be lying or insane! Granted, habanero aren't that bad, but I've had a Red Savina Habanero as well, which scores up to 500k, and it was insane. My ears were ringing it was so hot.
  • brainfrzbrainfrz Posts: 73
    Dunno about eating whole peppers on dares or whatever but I do love me some hot stuff... Everytime I go to BWW I get the Blazin- damn good, hot as hell. I keep El Yucateco sauce stocked in the pantry- put that stuff on damn near everything. Once you get over the heat habaneros actually have a really good taste to them, smokey is the best way to describe it.
    cholmes8310:
    Theedge:
    The ghost chili (naga jolokia) scores between 855,000 and 1,041,427 on the scoville Scale. The habanero scores 100,000-350,000. That means the ghost chili can be up to 10x hotter than a standard habanero. I think anyone who says it isn't hot, must be lying or insane! Granted, habanero aren't that bad, but I've had a Red Savina Habanero as well, which scores up to 500k, and it was insane. My ears were ringing it was so hot.
    Red habanero aye? hmmm.... I might check that out. I dunno I guess I'm crazy but hey I have to do something to annoy the wife... lol.
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I agree, the numbers are higher, so the reviews have confused me. I will order some up right now, and get back with you.
  • jhunter127jhunter127 Posts: 47
    Also wash hand be for handling you err,,,, special purpose.
    Theedge:
    I grow hananeros, smoke them, dehydrate them, and them put them in a special dispenser. I grind them on most everything. I use the maximill from grindhot.com. Sometimes before smoking them I first coat them with pure cap. You'd think it would be over powering, but the flavor is fantastic...
    Just one question... How do you keep them lit?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    cabinetmaker:
    lilwing88:

You're a freak. I like that. I bought a hand-held tazer (one with no projectiles) and tazed myself on a bet once. After I got up, they bet me I would not do it again. They lost that bet too.
    lol, I'm dying laughing. Nice mental picture.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    dennisking:
    Already took down that challenge. Is it just me, or is the Wild hotter than the Blazin? Just my opinion on it.
    I think they are about the same to tell you the truth. I usually go for 6 Wild and 6 Mango Habanero. pretty good way to go
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    TatuajeVI:
    cabinetmaker:
    lilwing88:

lol, I'm dying laughing. Nice mental picture.
    +1
  • SquatchitoSquatchito Posts: 41
    Tumbler:
    cabinetmaker:

Once when I was making some chili I had cut up a habanero early in preparation. After I had reached a point where things would need to cook a bit I stepped away from the kitchen. I happened to be waltzing around in a pair of track pants and sans undergarments, as I am wont to do while meandering about the house. Anyway, having gotten away from the kitchen, I sat down on the couch, shoved my hand down my pants and made the unfortunate decision to give my boys a good scratch . . .

The results were not pleasant.

Capsaicin is a cruel and vengeful beast, be very weary of it. Do absolutely nothing without careful consideration when associating with it.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    phobicsquirrel:
    Good luck Brother. I have eaten just about anything spicy and hot I can get my hands on and for something like this I have gone with one saying to get me through it. It can only get so hot. Once you are burning up just remember that you are already there just keep going it cant get much hotter. Unless you count how long then well your done but I dont. It can only get so hot.
    Squatchito:
    Tumbler:
    cabinetmaker:

Once when I was making some chili I had cut up a habanero early in preparation. After I had reached a point where things would need to cook a bit I stepped away from the kitchen. I happened to be waltzing around in a pair of track pants and sans undergarments, as I am wont to do while meandering about the house. Anyway, having gotten away from the kitchen, I sat down on the couch, shoved my hand down my pants and made the unfortunate decision to give my boys a good scratch . . .

The results were not pleasant.

Capsaicin is a cruel and vengeful beast, be very weary of it. Do absolutely nothing without careful consideration when associating with it.
    lol, yeah that would be a bad day...
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Check out the video....just watching it made my bunghole burn!!
    http://ushotstuff.com/Cpages/NagaJolokiaDried.htm