Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Question on Flying...

Im getting ready for my vacation to Montreal. Its long overdue and very needed!!

Trying to get everything in to one suitcase to have checked. (gotta pay even for the first one). Has anyone flown lately to know if they are really **** about the oversize baggage rules? The suitcase I borrowed itsnt totally rectangle.. and could come in just under, or just over the 62 inch rule of american airlines.... if it bumps to oversize, its 50 bucks instead of 15, and thats not too cool.

how do they even measure? am i just being paranoid?

and yes, im packing a her-a-dor. Only have a 5 sick though.

Thanks for any advice! :)

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    From what I remember they have a bin type thing that if the bag fits your good. good luck.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Who are you flying and what are the exact dimensions of the bag? for instance if the length + width + height is greater than 62 inches you will be charged $50. Check the rules on your airline's website.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Flying with AA. and yes, its L+W+H =62. Im gonna go with a smaller bag and a carry on. I know for a fact we are coming home with more then we are going with. Have some friends with bands we are meeting up there that we are getting some t-shirts and hoodies and CDs from. So, gotta leave room for all that too.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I only carry a duffle bag, and UPS everything else to the hotel. They must not measure though, because people drag everything but the kitchen sink on to the plane, it's rude and annoying.