Home Cigar 101
Options

Xikar Cutters

MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
I know that it has been talked about before, but I just want to get some feed back. I will be getting a Xikar cutter I just do not know if I should get the Xi, Xi2 or the Xi3. Should I just get the Xi2 and spend the diffrence on more sticks or is there really a diffrence between the three. Thanks in advice for the input.

Comments

• Options
    whoflungdowhoflungdo Posts: 28
    Same blade, different body. Except the XI3. I believe it's blade is coated with titanium to maintain the edge.. ETA: Correction, the Xi3 frame is coated with titanium nitride for durability.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Dude - whichever you get you'll be fine. I think the Xi2 is the most readily available and has a good price. Get it and spend the rest on cigars!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I went with the Xi2 also. For $30, you cant go wrong.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    dude, I have one I used once. I wish I could have saved you the money. I didn't like the Xi2 because the blade sort of sticks. I tried a few others before I pulled the trigger on a i3. I haven't looked back. I love my i3.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    phobicsquirrel:
    dude, I have one I used once. I wish I could have saved you the money. I didn't like the Xi2 because the blade sort of sticks. I tried a few others before I pulled the trigger on a i3. I haven't looked back. I love my i3.
    I have to agree mine seems to stick a little as well. Better than the cheap one they gave mt at the B&M that liked to smash rather than cut.
  • Options
    ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Posts: 283
    I just got the Xi2 yesterday....I have used it twice now....very sharpe and superb cut...it does stick a little, but its not enough to make me upset....
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. I think I will either get the Xi or Xi3.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Xi3 is a very nice cutter, whether it's nice enough to justify the extra money is a judgment call on your part, but I think you'll be happy either way. Food for thought, I've said this in another thread, but if I had it to do over again, I would have gone with a Palio cutter over the Xikar because I don't like the teardrop shape as much, it might be worth your time to check out both at a B&M if you can before buying anything.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the spectra that retails for $79 for only $47. I just like the look and it cuts like butter. If Xikar attends any events near you the offer 25% off at events on anything they sell. Xikar is a Kansas City company so they are always at events here. Not sure about other areas. I think even the cheap Xikar cutters are exceptional. If you call into Ccom and get one with a cigar purchase I imagine you will get a good deal.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i love that this forum loves Xikar.

i too love xikar.

i have the Xi2. it looks great, it feels great in my hand. it cuts great.

its great.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've got a blue Xi2 and love it! The wife got it for me over a year ago, then my dumb a$$ friend dropped it and broke it. I took to my B&M and they handed me a brand new one out of their display case. Awesome customer service and a damn fine cutter! Plus the Defiance cigars were fantastic... Still pissed they changed them.
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    i love everything xikar. lifetime over the counter warranty on everything.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    kuzi16:

i too love xikar.

its great.
    Kuzi, do you think, Xikar is a great choice for cutter?
  • Options
    bocardsbocards Posts: 32
    I bought 5 of the cigar.com cutters in one tof their deals 5 for 29.95 I think...can usually find one and i dont know the difference :)
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    kuzi16:

i too love xikar.

its great.
    Kuzi, do you think, Xikar is a great choice for cutter?
    are you looking for a cutter?
  • Options
    was this directed to Renaisance or me?
  • Options
    MESKC:
    was this directed to Renaisance or me?
    RM, though the cutter has been spoken for.