Home Ratings & Reviews

El Triunfador (Original Blend)

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
Just had one last night and it was pretty freakin delicious. Dark coffee and leather flavors, which shifted throughout the stick. All in all an enjoyable experience.

The full review is up at wbfiller.com

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had one courtesy of Joe a month ago. One of the best cigars I've ever had the pleasure of smoking. Aside from the dark coffee and leather, vanilla and cream - and spicy through the nose. Loved every second of it. I'll be picking up more this month.

I grabbed a couple of the new blend today, actually. No idea if they're any good, but I like pretty much anything from Tatuaje so I figured it's a safe bet.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Yeah the original lancero is mean! I just got a 5er of the new blend No.2 and smoked it the other night. I was disapointed. but i think I hyped myself up too much for it. It was a good cigar, just not what I had expected. Tat - Youll be all good if you don't expect anything similar to the original lancero. I sent some to my friends to try and I got one more.....maybe ill give it a second chance tonight too.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Mmmm... I LOVE the Triunfador! Everytime I think of them, I smile because I know I still have 8 or 9 sitting in my aging humidor that I bought in mid Oct. of last year!
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Mmmm... I LOVE the Triunfador! Everytime I think of them, I smile because I know I still have 8 or 9 sitting in my aging humidor that I bought in mid Oct. of last year!
    If that doesn't make you smile, then you may be suffering from depression.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    That was like a "steak on a stick in front of a dog" post Puro.
    Well I gotta brag every once in a while! lol The box they came in is also signed by Pete Johnson. Bought it at an event of his at my local B&M.
    Thats cool, I never met him----Did meet Lito Gomes at an event in Orlando a few weeks ago...nice guy, but again buying his stuff at 10 per stick, who wouldnt be nice
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I missed the original ones, wish I could get my paws on a couple...
    phobicsquirrel:
    you still can. pm incoming,
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:
    you still can. pm incoming,
    Me too please??
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I don't think they cut production of these things... they're still around.

stephen_hannibal:

They reblended it though.
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:

That's correct, the new blend with the red bands are totally different, but the origonals are still around. They have several at my b&m still available.
    PuroFreak:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:

That's correct, the new blend with the red bands are totally different, but the origonals are still around. They have several at my b&m still available.
    i really want your B&M
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Alex Williams:
    PuroFreak:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:

i really want your B&M

Yeah there's another blend (the new one with the red band) but I think the Brown label one is still in production.
    I'll have to find the link but Pete said he was going to keep producing them.

stephen_hannibal:
    Alex Williams:
    PuroFreak:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:

i really want your B&M

Yeah there's another blend (the new one with the red band) but I think the Brown label one is still in production.

He still is. NHC (new havana cigars) has them in-stock in 5-packs. They are Tatuaje's largest retailer and typically can be counted on to have most everything Tatuaje. I've occasionally seen them locally as well.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Where is the promised review of the new blend ;)? I am so glad weather is nicer today. I took off ALL of next week and will be smoking every day - YES! (which will amount to more cigars smoked than I have smoked in the past 6 months...)
    TatuajeVI:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Alex Williams:
    PuroFreak:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:

i really want your B&M

He still is. NHC (new havana cigars) has them in-stock in 5-packs. They are Tatuaje's largest retailer and typically can be counted on to have most everything Tatuaje. I've occasionally seen them locally as well.
    Here is a post from the BOTL.org forums where Pete Johnson provided some info on the Original Triunfador link. I interpreted as Pete will continue to make 1,000 boxes annually and I have not found any new information that said otherwise. I also asked the owner of my local B&M last night and he confirmed that the original blend will continue to be produced.
    Renaissance_Man:
    Where is the promised review of the new blend ;)? I am so glad weather is nicer today. I took off ALL of next week and will be smoking every day - YES! (which will amount to more cigars smoked than I have smoked in the past 6 months...)
    Stan, I'm glad you are my biggest fan. Haha, I plan on smoking the new blend this weekend.
    sightunseen:
    Renaissance_Man:
    Stan, I'm glad you are my biggest fan. Haha, I plan on smoking the new blend this weekend.
    Sweet. I've got two resting (I think they are a box-pressed lancero) interested to see what people think of the new blend.
    Kick up an old thread here, as I smoked one of these last night with around a year or so on it------wow...freakin wow. Maybe the best cigar I have ever had, or certainly up there. Ive always liked this stick, but the one last night was ricidulous.