Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Kristoff Maduro - What a surprise!

Last night I had a Kristoff Maduro and oh boy it was such a surprise... Good surprise... Review is after the jump - http://wbfiller.com/kristoff-maduro-matador-cigar-review-by-stan-bogdanov/

Anyone had these? What do you think? I feel like I need a few more to try. And I have definitely confirmed my love for the Brazilian leaf. I need to try this famous CCOM Brazilian label already! Can't believe I still haven't...

Comments

• Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    The Kristoff Maduro is a FANTASTIC cigar, easily one of my favorites, if not my single favorite. Perfect burn, construction, drawn, and flavor to boot. What's not to love? I'm planning to gift myself a box for the birthday this year.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed....Kristoff has been like finding a gold mine for me....Maduro, Criollo, Sumatra----all Kick A$$
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Yea, they are really great. My B&M has boxes and boxes of them and they sell fast.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, I have to admit the entire Kristoff line has been a very pleasant surprise for me. That's one reason I was so happy when one of the things my wife got me for my B-day was a sampler with 5 different blends from them. The only one I haven't tried is the Sumatra. But they do have them at my B&M as well so I will be picking one up before long.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    They always have these at the B&M's i go to but for some reason i've never picked em up. Time to pick up a few. How is the maduro?
  • Options
    Delicious.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Man, Ive had a Kristoff Maduro for at least 3 or 4 months now. Now I'm pissed that I haven't given it a shot yet.......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    They always have these at the B&M's i go to but for some reason i've never picked em up. Time to pick up a few. How is the maduro?
    Make sure you try it dude! Really a great cigar!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've got one question Stan....how was it a surprise that the Kristoff was excellent? :) What I mean is that the first time I had one, I just looked at it and said to myself "this is going to be pretty dang good", and sure enough it was fantastic as has been each one since my first. Love me some Kristoff.
  • Options
    Agreed... However - mine didn't look that great. I had beaten it up a bit and it had a big vein running along its side. So the "revelation" came only after the first puff ;)... Can these be purchased somewhere online? PM me if you know...
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I don't know about online but my B&M carries them and I intend on picking up some on Thursday when I get paid
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Agreed... However - mine didn't look that great. I had beaten it up a bit and it had a big vein running along its side. So the "revelation" came only after the first puff ;)... Can these be purchased somewhere online? PM me if you know...
    PM incoming.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I need to try these ...hav'nt had one yet ...
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    You know, I love maduros, but this one did nothing for me. Maybe it was a dud. The kicker is, I actually got a free replacement because the first one I picked up from the B&M was totally plugged. I tried everything and nothing helped. The replacement smoked just fine, but it just didn't do anything for me. I would love to try this one again though. It certainly looked great, but it had nothing to hold my interest.
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    You know, I love maduros, but this one did nothing for me. Maybe it was a dud. The kicker is, I actually got a free replacement because the first one I picked up from the B&M was totally plugged. I tried everything and nothing helped. The replacement smoked just fine, but it just didn't do anything for me. I would love to try this one again though. It certainly looked great, but it had nothing to hold my interest.
    Is it more about complexity you are talking about or did the flavor not deliver? Cause it really wasn't that eventful for me as well, but I enjoyed the flavor profile, which stayed the same throughout...
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Renaissance_Man:
    Hugemoose:
    Is it more about complexity you are talking about or did the flavor not deliver? Cause it really wasn't that eventful for me as well, but I enjoyed the flavor profile, which stayed the same throughout...
    Sorry Stan I just saw this now. I've been slacking here on the boards as of late :-/

The cigar was rather one dimensional, but normally I don't mind that. I love the Ccom Brazilian house blend and the Oliva G maduro for that exact reason. They don't change a whole lot but they are fantastic! I hear nothing but great things, so I just chuck it up to bad sticks from the B&M.
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Y'know, I'm part of a Cigar club here in Carson City every Wednesday night where we all get together at a B&M and smoke and chat - last week I didn't go because of a date - and my friend is making me feel really bad for not going, because we had a representative for Kristoff come to the cigar club and show off some stuff. He even gave out 3 'gars to each person in the club as samples.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My friend said that he smoked two of them that night - and I think about halfway through the maduro he had to put it out because it was so strong he was getting light headed. (But keep in mind he and I have only been smoking for like 3 months, lol)
  • Options
    Strange, the Kristoff Maduro, even the ligero, is one of the mildest maduros that I have smoked.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've got one of these lied up for my birthday weekend.

• Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    mrpillow:
    Strange, the Kristoff Maduro, even the ligero, is one of the mildest maduros that I have smoked.
    I may be mistaken on which one he was referring to - as I don't have any of them I'm not even sure which three he received. I believe I remember him saying there were two mild-medium bodies and one full body in the sampler.
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    mrpillow:
    I may be mistaken on which one he was referring to - as I don't have any of them I'm not even sure which three he received. I believe I remember him saying there were two mild-medium bodies and one full body in the sampler.
    Yeah - it was definitely strong, but I see what Mr. Pillow means - it is much milder than other maduros I've had...