Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Knight

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
I loved this cigar. Had one from the same fiver about 11 months ago, and I didn't really care for it, but WOW! The flavor of bittersweet chocolate, like on a truffle, was incredibly intense around an interesting, nice cedar. Full review on the site, but anyone else have any thoughts of this?

Comments

• Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Agree, great dark chocolate (bittersweet) flavors. A definite must try for anybody who likes a great sweet maduro flavor! This is my favorite hoyo and a personal top ten. Have smoked a few and have never had draw or burn issues either. Seems like a great stick to age IMHO.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    ljl:
    Agree, great dark chocolate (bittersweet) flavors. A definite must try for anybody who likes a great sweet maduro flavor! This is my favorite hoyo and a personal top ten. Have smoked a few and have never had draw or burn issues either. Seems like a great stick to age IMHO.
    yeah man, I didn't love it when I first smoked it, tasted waaay to cedary for me, but with some time, I'm kicking myself for not having more.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I remember liking it but found it to be much milder than expected. I don't know why, but I expected more pepper and kick so I ended up smoking it at night, after a meal, which muted the already mild flavors of the cigar.

I think if I had another, it would be in the morning with coffee and breakfast.
  • Options
    taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    I totally agree with this comment. At first I too wasn't too fond of it but a few months later I pulled one out of my humi and it was great! I've actually been smoking them for the past three days. I whittled my supply down pretty good and will have to re-stock.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I really like most of the HDMs I've had. I'd love to get my hands on an ISOM HDM...... Heard they're even better.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've never had the DK. I have thought about picking it up many times. I do like the hoyo's I've had though.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    HdM is my favorite cigar, and for me, the one that started the whole craze 16 years ago. I still have 4 left of my Exaclibur No.2 maduros from a box I bought 3 1/2 years ago. They really age well.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    phobicsquirrel:
    I've never had the DK. I have thought about picking it up many times. I do like the hoyo's I've had though.

Suggest picking some up! This is a great cigar. Highly recommend HdM Oscuro Prensado too.
  • Options
    bsjones7bsjones7 Posts: 15
    Rob1110 has it right. Great morning smoke with a cup of coffee