Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Bahia Maduro

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
I am not big on picking flavors but this stick has a well rounded sweet coffee flavor for a cheapo stick. They are a little inconsistent but not enough variation not to try them. They are a great value smoke with enough body to keep me interested and nice flavor. Anyone else try these, and what did you think?

Comments

• Options
    Seems I am the only one, give it a try they are a great value
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I've been wanting to try them Gypsy just every time I get the money to buy something either something goes wrong or some DD takes my money first... also doesn't help I still don't have a real Humi built yet still
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    I saw you post that you had one on the whatcha smoking thread. Just like Hayblet I keep wanting to try some but DDs and other options keep taking my dough first. Thanks for putting something out there on them though, I've been waiting on some input on this one!
  • Options
    They are an excellent value smoke. I gave one to my brother who only does B&M purchases and he thought it was just great. When I told him I bought them for a buck fifty he thought I was joking, I wasn't. They are very similar in flavor and body as the Partagas Black Label at a fraction of the price.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    They are an excellent value smoke. I gave one to my brother who only does B&M purchases and he thought it was just great. When I told him I bought them for a buck fifty he thought I was joking, I wasn't. They are very similar in flavor and body as the Partagas Black Label at a fraction of the price.
    Got any you would be willing to trade Sir?
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    fla-gypsy:
    Got any you would be willing to trade Sir?
    Down to less than 5 right now. If I score another bundle I will PM you.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I just smoked one of these earlier and Ed you know what you're talkin about! This is a great maduro for less than 2 bucks a pop.. Light, sweet coffee flavors with a hint of pepper zing on the finish. The construction wasn't the greatest but I wasn't expecting it to be. Nice draw, razor sharp burn and a good deal of smoke output, I highly recommend this cigar, great value and great flavors.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99:
    I just smoked one of these earlier and Ed you know what you're talkin about! This is a great maduro for less than 2 bucks a pop.. Light, sweet coffee flavors with a hint of pepper zing on the finish. The construction wasn't the greatest but I wasn't expecting it to be. Nice draw, razor sharp burn and a good deal of smoke output, I highly recommend this cigar, great value and great flavors.

Al I apologize for gettin your name wrong!!! His name is AL guys!
  • Options
    Not a problem, I am sure there are a few who frequent the non cigar related forum section who have called me much worse.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    i tired these in a black friday special,it did not do it for me felt lacking,i smoke mainly maduros and this was one that i dont think i'll revisit,but make sure try one maybe its something you might like,just not for me,but again it could be that i expect every cigar to be a shot of goodness,LOL
  • Options
    ztanner25ztanner25 Posts: 48

I have recently tried the Bahia Trinidad and Bahia Blue, but havn't had the maduro yet.  The Blu was nothing special, but okay for the value.  The Trinidad left me very disappointed, and will definitely not revisit it.  I will have to give the maduro a shot and see how it compares to the rest of the Bahia line!

• Options
    ztanner25:

I have recently tried the Bahia Trinidad and Bahia Blue, but havn't had the maduro yet.  The Blu was nothing special, but okay for the value.  The Trinidad left me very disappointed, and will definitely not revisit it.  I will have to give the maduro a shot and see how it compares to the rest of the Bahia line!

I have had the Bahia Blu, havent heard great things about the trinidad, and just smoked a bahia maduro last night.. Hands down the maduro is the best in the line IMO, let us know what you think!
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    just had this last night...excellent stick and i will have plenty of more of them...delicious with light hints of coffee and just a delicious smoke
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive only had the Bahia Blue, not the maduro. HATED IT! It will be a while b4 I visit anything Bahia. Not because I dont trust them, but because I have about 100 sticks lined up to smoke and 5-10 that I really want to try b4 I add any new ones to the list.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    illinoisgolf99:
    Smoked my first one tonight and agree with Illinoisgolf on his views on this smoke.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Friends don't let friends smoke Bahia....
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    No...friends don't let friends smoke ACID
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Jetmech_63:
    No...friends don't let friends drop ACID
    fixed that for ya.;)
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    wwhwang:
    Jetmech_63:
    No...friends don't let friends drop ACID
    fixed that for ya.;)
    Lawl. That's j0z3r for ya. But honestly, I think I'd like to try out a Bahia or two. Still haven't smoked it, and I'm eager to see if it's really that bad.