Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Robusto

PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Robusto. 5 X 52. Wrapper - Brazillian Arapirca, Binder - 1998 Dominican Criollo, Filler - 1998 Nicraguan & Dominican Criollo. Full bodied. Initial taste was a blast of pepper that smacks you in the face along with wood and coffee. Smoking into the first third of this cigar, flavors of a tangy sweet citrus and black coffee emerge with the pepper becomming more of a spiceiness accompanied by a nice woodiness. The halfway point is where things get even more interesting. The sweet citrus leather picks up along with the spice and now I am also getting a bittersweet chocolate flavor as well. Woodiness is still present but it is more of a background component at this point. The last third of this cigar still has the wonderful sweet leathery citrus, spice, and a more bittersweet chocolate presence. There is also an earthy quality noted as well as some hints of wood. Very long finish of bittersweet chocolate, spice and leather. Construction, burn and draw was absolutley perfect with a nice dark grey ash and a razor sharp burn. Beautiful dark brown wrapper. This cigar is a powerhouse full of complex flavors balanced perfectly. It is exactly my type of flavor profile. MSRP on this vitola for the first year is an amazing $4.55 which makes this an excellent value for a full flavored complex cigar that delivers so much enjoyment. A definte recommend by me to try.

Comments

• Options
    I had one 2 days ago in OR, bu have returned home to WA. Have you found anyone selling them online?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    happytimes1:
    I had one 2 days ago in OR, bu have returned home to WA. Have you found anyone selling them online?
    PM'ed.