Home General Discussion
Options

Birthday money

Ok brothers some feed back here. I got money to burn and was thinking of getting these. Box of Aroma De Cuba churchills, 20 MoW sampler, and either box of relics or Diesels. I am set on the first two but open to your ideas on the last box. The last box needs to be near $100.

Comments

• Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    I personally like the Diesels...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I would definitely go Diesels over Relics, the Relic, for me, never lived up to what I though it would be, the Diesel, otoh, is a pretty solid cigar even though it's not my favorite...plus you get 30 Diesels instead of 24 Relics.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I would definitely go Diesels over Relics, the Relic, for me, never lived up to what I though it would be, the Diesel, otoh, is a pretty solid cigar even though it's not my favorite...plus you get 30 Diesels instead of 24 Relics.
    I agree with Jozer on this one, I like the relic but hands down the diesel is better and more complex.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Neither. Get Cu-Avana Intenso's for $49.95 and pocket the other $50
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'd go with the Diesel probably. I like the Relic as well, but I think they need some serious rest/aging to get to where they need to be. I'd love to have a box to sit on for 2+ years, but if you're looking to stock up for smoking over the summer months, I'd go with the Diesel for sure.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    5 Vegas AAA
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Yes.

I'd go with the diesel probably. You have a pm with another possibility. M
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I'd go with the Diesel probably. I like the Relic as well, but I think they need some serious rest/aging to get to where they need to be. I'd love to have a box to sit on for 2+ years, but if you're looking to stock up for smoking over the summer months, I'd go with the Diesel for sure.
    yes.

if you are looking to age, the relic is the way to go. if not... id look elsewhere.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    yes.

if you are looking to age, the relic is the way to go. if not... id look elsewhere.
    Why would you think the relic would be better? I'm curious as the diesel seems to be stronger in general and more complex.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    yes.

Why would you think the relic would be better? I'm curious as the diesel seems to be stronger in general and more complex.
    I'd rather have the Diesel and put a few years on that as I noted a distinct improvement over only three months, I'd be interested to see where it's at after 18-24 months.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Some good suggestions here. Another to consider, and you'll have to talk with your rep at ccom, but I'd be willing to bet if you begged Jeff or Tim to hook you up on the MoW Ruination, they might get you a box for about $100. Or just ask to get singles of the Ruination without the box - daily deal prices are about $4 a stick and maybe they'd try and match that price. 20 Ruinations for $100 sounds pretty delicious!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I am in the same predicament.. My 21st bday is approaching and I will have some cash to spend.. I would go for the diesel, they're tasty and you can get 30 to a box plus another 5 free!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    yes.

the way i took it was that he would be smoking some over the short run as well. the relic is a decent cigar but tastes like it needs age. the diesel does not need age. it can be smoked now without "squandering the potential"
    if you buy the relic you cant smoke em now and have them be what you want them to be.
    in short the diesel is good now and later, the relic is ok now but really needs some age on it before it takes off. (IMHO) if he was not smoking any of the ones he wants to age for at least a year then the relic is the one to buy.

you can still age a diesel, but you can also smoke it.
    im not sure that explained my post... did it?
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Todays deal is pretty sweet, you might consider it.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    yes.

the way i took it was that he would be smoking some over the short run as well. the relic is a decent cigar but tastes like it needs age. the diesel does not need age. it can be smoked now without "squandering the potential"
    if you buy the relic you cant smoke em now and have them be what you want them to be.
    in short the diesel is good now and later, the relic is ok now but really needs some age on it before it takes off. (IMHO) if he was not smoking any of the ones he wants to age for at least a year then the relic is the one to buy.

you can still age a diesel but you can also smoke it.

yea kuzi you explained it fine, I knew what you were talkin about.. it seems like everything I've heard about the relic leads to it needing at least a year (if not more) of age on it before it reaches its full potential..
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    yes.

you can still age a diesel but you can also smoke it.

yea kuzi you explained it fine, I knew what you were talkin about.. it seems like everything I've heard about the relic leads to it needing at least a year (if not more) of age on it before it reaches its full potential..
    ah, gotcha.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Here is what tim hooked me up with. box of Aroma De Cuba churchhills, 20 count MoW sampler. 5 Carlos Torano Casa torano Maduro , 1 each of the bahia, a dark night and a suprise stick for a real good price. I am going to wait on the Diesels till I get space to put them. All hail the beard
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    rossdavey2:
    Here is what tim hooked me up with. box of Aroma De Cuba churchhills, 20 count MoW sampler. 5 Carlos Torano Casa torano Maduro , 1 each of the bahia, a dark night and a suprise stick for a real good price. I am going to wait on the Diesels till I get space to put them. All hail the beard
    Awesome. ccom is so fantastic. I swear they lose money everytime I order from Jeff.