Home General Discussion
Options

a humidity post again sorry guys

My humi has been steady at 68 for a good while now. but over the last week it's jump to 72-75%. I live in GA and I think it has to do with the high humidity here. Any idea on the best way to drop it back below 70%

Comments

• Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    What humidification source are you using?
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    It was just the C.com Humi set up that blue bead box thing and digital gauge. I took the humi strip out last night hoping it would drop down by this morning, alais my efforts were in vain.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Fan the lid a few times... or leave it open and turn on the overhead fan.
    It'll drop quick.

• Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Thanks man I will try this as soon as I get through my Virtue. After that its the Ruiniation, and yes a Mow after dinner. Here comes my Mow Badge.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    In St. Louis, I find I have to put extra humi-packs in my humidors in the late fall (along with my beads), winter, and early spring as the air can be super dry here. I will even use room humidifiers.

Around this time of year, I start removing the packs and throw them away, turn off the humidifiers and leave the beads, as the humidity begins to climb and the beads do their job solo. No humidor is airtight, which you don't want, so extremes in the seasons, can cause some fluctuations due to air flow seepage.