Home Non Cigar Related
Options

First Vacation... Ever...

Next week (GF surprise) I am going to my first ever own vacation... IN MY LIFE! Its so liberating... Anyway - my GF scoped this awesome deal at a nice old-school manor - Montauk Manor in Montauk... Its gorgeous and I am excited to spend 5 days there... Sorry I will be out for a while, but damn = Ima smoke a cigar looking at the beach every day! For all the *** I've been through (even though none of you knows lol) I think I finally deserve 5 days vacation... Anyway... Just wanted to share - cheers!

Comments

• Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    I have vacation envy. Have a great week.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Thats a good woman you got there Ren - might consider keeping her around a while....

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    so this is gunna be the best vacation you have ever been on.

....and the worst
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Watch out for the Montauk Monster! Google it... pretty funny stuff.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Yeah - I realized too late that the mansion is supposed to be haunted :)... But its ok - it actually makes it kind of exciting! Can't wait to smoke a nice stogie at the tip of Long Island at the Lighthouse... Got my DSLR with me so I'll probably upload some nice pics after...
  • Options
    SquatchitoSquatchito Posts: 41
    Congrats! My wife and I are actually in a similar situation. We are taking our first vacation sans family. Rented a house in the OBX at the end of August. Neither of us have been down there in over a decade. The wait is absolutely killing us.

Not the best use of our first time home buyers credit, but we really need a vacation.
  • Options
    txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    Squatchito:
    Congrats! My wife and I are actually in a similar situation. We are taking our first vacation sans family. Rented a house in the OBX at the end of August. Neither of us have been down there in over a decade. The wait is absolutely killing us.

Not the best use of our first time home buyers credit, but we really need a vacation.
    Nice! I love the OBX...was there last summer...played some good golf out there too. We were in a sweet house down near mile 14.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Squatchito:

Yeah man - sometimes even we need to indulge in the simple pleasure of taking a freaking break off this whole thing! I am glad you will be enjoying yourself. It sure was nice to come to Montauk - wish I could stay a week more!