Home Non Cigar Related
Options

RIP Ronnie James Dio

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
A metal legend passed away today. I'm going to play "Holy Diver" in his honor.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    one of the most influential vocalists in metal. m/
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Are you effing kidding me?!

Why haven't I heard about this yet!?!?!

/rage out

I think at Karaoke on Monday I'll have to sing "Rainbow in the Dark" ...
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Seriously?!? Damn... He is definitely a name that will be remembered until Rock is known...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Dio will be missed. Such an influence on Heavy Metal and such a legacy of music to his name. I hadn't realized until just today that he was almost 68 years old or that he'd been battling stomach cancer for some time. It's a shame that he died, but I'm glad he's at peace.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    The originator of the Devil's Horn symbol you see at every rock and heavy metal show. Sad news.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Iam going to post a Photo tribute to one of my Heros ! I have seen him live many many times , With Ritchie Blackmores rainbow, Solo one every tour and several times with Black Sabbath and the last time in 2008 in Pittsburgh on the Masters of Metal Tour.... he is now the Rainbow in the Dark.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Iam going to post a Photo tribute to one of my Heros ! I have seen him live many many times , With Ritchie Blackmores rainbow, Solo one every tour and several times with Black Sabbath and the last time in 2008 in Pittsburgh on the Masters of Metal Tour.... he is now the Rainbow in the Dark.
    I'd like to think he became the Man on the Silver Mountain.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Damn.

Dio's gone.

It's always a reality check when legends pass away. They seem so invincible and unstoppable. But he will live on in spirit, which is truly invincible.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Sad news. Told the guys I'd bring in Rainbow Rising so they could hear a small taste of what is passed, but not gone. Thankfully, his voice will live on through his recordings.
  • Options
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Click here to view a Video I shot of Ronnie Live with Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath) In Pittsburgh in August 2008, the last of 11 times i got to see Ronnie live since 1978 in one band or another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OA3dCjgcMA

RIP Ronnie James DIo
    Ozzie
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Man this sucks! I'll have to light one up in his honor. Wow....