Home General Discussion
Options

Party cigars

My brother and his girlfriend are graduating this summer.  We're throwing them a party, and what better way to celebrate the occasion than some cigars.  I'm tending the smoker and grill all day, so I'll be out puffing for a while. 

My question is what should I buy for the others to smoke?  Most of them are either cigarette smokers or don't know what a good cigar is.  The kind of people that think Swishers are awesome.

Naturally, I don't want to spend a whole lot, but I figure I'll need 20 cigars or so for the partygoers, and a good few for myself.  I've got myself figured out, but I don't want to waste good sticks on people that can't tell the difference between White Owls and Rocky Patels.

I have no set spending limit for the party sticks, but I don't think it's wise to go with anything too spendy, as I don't want to hurt someone that leaves a nice stick in an ashtray to die a premature death.

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I usually go with 5 vegas golds, Gurkha park avenues, or RP connecticuts when I need something like that.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Problem Solved. Something for everyone for $40
    https://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-CCOMPIP08A
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Problem Solved. Something for everyone for $40
    https://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-CCOMPIP08A
    I concur. Very nice selection indeed. Get two, just in case.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    If they dont smoke cigars, then I wouldnt even get them the 5 Vegas. I'd keep those for myself. But fot $1.60 a stick, no way you go wrong with those sticks. Great price and great stick.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    wannabe.otaku:
    ....Most of them are either cigarette smokers or don't know what a good cigar is.  The kind of people that think Swishers are awesome.... I've got myself figured out, but I don't want to waste good sticks on people that can't tell the difference between White Owls and Rocky Patels.
    then get a sampler of swisher sweets and white owls. i only give hand-made-long-filler cigars to people that actually care about cigars.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    not only that, but some poor soul (that you didnt invite) will probably try to spit one open and refill it with their own smokables.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Russ55:
    Gurkha park avenues
    +1. Mild enough for noobs, tasty enough for seasoned smokers. And at $50 a box for 20, not a whole lot that'll beat em price wise. I know the Nica Libre are similar in price for a box as well, so that'd be another good option.
  • Options
    I don't mind the Park Avenues myself.  I like the the 5 Vegas sampler.  I'll have to get those for myself.  I'd hate to see one die, but at $2 a stick, it's not a big loss. 

Any other recommendations?
  • Options
    I went ahead and ordered the Dream Team sampler, which is the same as the one Gypsy posted, but at a different price.  I talked to Kelly and she said that the one Gypsy linked to wasn't in the system.  No big deal.  I got the Cain Sampler for myself.  Don't tell the wife, though.  She'd freak out that I spent $100 on smokes.  At least everyone makes their deliveries before she gets home, LOL.

Thanks guys.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    wannabe.otaku:
    ....Most of them are either cigarette smokers or don't know what a good cigar is.  The kind of people that think Swishers are awesome.... I've got myself figured out, but I don't want to waste good sticks on people that can't tell the difference between White Owls and Rocky Patels.
    then get a sampler of swisher sweets and white owls. i only give hand-made-long-filler cigars to people that actually care about cigars.
    yeah I don't hand out smokes to people who don't smoke cigars.
  • Options
    It's a celebration, man.  I have to play the part of a well-educated gentleman without being book educated past High School (yet).  That, and I'm generous.  I just don't want to go broke being generous.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    wannabe.otaku:
    ...people that can't tell the difference between White Owls and Rocky Patels.
    Well shoot, I've been smoking cigars for a couple years now and have sampled a fairly wide variety, but I can't tell the difference between a White Owl and a Rocky Patel. Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    wannabe.otaku:
    ...people that can't tell the difference between White Owls and Rocky Patels.
    Well shoot, I've been smoking cigars for a couple years now and have sampled a fairly wide variety, but I can't tell the difference between a White Owl and a Rocky Patel. Stick out tongue [:P]
    we should set up a trade. I will get you a whole bunch of white owl's and just send me whats in your humi, I will send 2 for each 1 you send. PM incoming....lol