Home General Discussion
Options

What're you getting for Father's Day?

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
ok, time to 'fess up and hope your Dad doesn't surf these forums.

I'm thinking of getting my Dad a Davidoff 9-cigar sampler; I know he likes Davidoff's and Cohiba's, but I don't think he has any Davidoffs in his humi

Comments

• Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    My dad doesn't smoke cigars, and my grandpa isn't around to share any stogies with. He used to smoke cigars, and I think he would take one if offered a him a hand-made "premium" cigar.

I miss him a lot...

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Nothing for fathers day, but my dads birthday is this weekend.
    I got him a Dewalt D55168R Air compressor.

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I have been trying to decide. He has randomly smoked cigars during my life but he's 6 hours away and he doesn't have a humi so I gotta get a small sampler for him. I was thinking something with 3-5 sticks that he could keep in tupperware with a humicare pillow and it be alright
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    hmmm...my dad smoked cigarettes for 40 years, but has since quit (when my son was born). I don't think it would be right to give him a cigar...do you?? Not to mention, I bet my mom would be pissed....so....might be something from the Home Depot.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    All I'm getting for Father's Day is a swift kick in the A** and told not to f*** up.........
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    My dad is easy to shop for..... anything golf related and he's happy. My father-in-law is tricky. He just had a birthday and I got him a ton of cigars. I know he doesn't have room in his humidor for more, so I'm gonna have to find some accessories to get him. Maybe a nice lighter or cutter.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    My dad is easy to shop for..... anything golf related and he's happy. My father-in-law is tricky. He just had a birthday and I got him a ton of cigars. I know he doesn't have room in his humidor for more, so I'm gonna have to find some accessories to get him. Maybe a nice lighter or cutter.....
    Here's an idea...for xmas I got a really nice black and white marble cigar accessory box. Holds my cutter, and a couple of lighers. VERY nice.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    The old man lost his battle with cancer a few months ago. Probably drive out to his grave. The Father-in-Law will be getting iTunes gift card and a few nice sticks. He's not an everyday smoker so maybe just a My Father, seems to be fitting. As for what I'm getting.... probably to change dirty diapers!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Well, being a new Dad, I've got to make sure the wife gets me something special for Father's Day. She asked me what I wanted a couple days ago and I couldn't really come up with anything. Maybe some Padron 1926 Maduros...
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping that the wife will pick up the tab on my next Ccom order. I know what some of you are thinking but she already sees the cigar bills anyway so she knows what she's in for.
  • Options
    mstrmxrmstrmxr Posts: 13
    Hopefully, the super premie herf a dor sampler an an HTC Evo 4g! I've primed the pump, now lets see if the wife was listening!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I would like peace or quiet. I don't care which one.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cigars but I am getting a Craftsman 8 drawer tool cabinet my wife got really really cheap.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    My dad doesn't smoke cigars, and my grandpa isn't around to share any stogies with. He used to smoke cigars, and I think he would take one if offered a him a hand-made "premium" cigar.

I miss him a lot...

Also I'm not a Dad, so I'm not getting anything either.

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    hahahaha!!! Amen brother. I hope it's OK to to use this as my own, because I know what I'm asking for now
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    undulac:
    hahahaha!!! Amen brother. I hope it's OK to to use this as my own, because I know what I'm asking for now
    Yep.

I'd like to be able to have five minutes in the bathroom without some maniac pounding on the door. I think a nap would be nice also. One that's over when I say it's over.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    Heavy:
    undulac:
    Yep.

I'd like to be able to have five minutes in the bathroom without some maniac pounding on the door. I think a nap would be nice also. One that's over when I say it's over.
    A nap. Yes, I remember those days.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I also got a Samsung Bluray with built in wifi. So now I can watch Netflix in my bedroom too using my wireless router with the bluray. It has a bunch of other free stuff on it too. Really sweet! Not to mention the bluray picture and sound is amazing. I got Avatar with it and it is amazing.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Im a dad and plan on getting myself some NICE cigars!

• Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:

ditto on that 1+
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:

ditto on that 1+
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    Fourtotheflush:

ditto on that 1+
    +1 I'm with you there. Dads deserve to be treated from time to time.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to get myself some decent sticks because I've been a good dad all year!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    On father's day, I better be the one that gets smoked...
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    On father's day, I better be the one that gets smoked...

BigHP - you are totally on top of it here!

• Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143

I've dropped enough hints, I had better be getting some cigars this year!

(And by "hint", I mean holding up the newest Ccom catalog and going "Honey, if you're looking for Father's Day ideas, you might want to look here!")

My dad has pretty much everything, so he'll be getting what we both know he loves--a gift card to Culver's--from me.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    babsdpu:

(And by "hint", I mean holding up the newest Ccom catalog and going "Honey, if you're looking for Father's Day ideas, you might want to look here!")

My dad has pretty much everything, so he'll be getting what we both know he loves--a gift card to Culver's--from me.

Hey babs, your as subtle as a brick to the head with your hint. :)
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    babsdpu:

Hey babs, your as subtle as a brick to the head with your hint. :)
    I told her dont even think about it, Im picking up my own selection....
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Wifey got me a very nive 18v Dewalt cordless. It is sweet. I think the oldest son will spring for some cigars. I bought him a nice 125 ct Humi for his birthday. Youngest son got him 10 nice sticks to go in it.
  • Options
    So while at the hospital my wife tells me that she would have gotten me that hedge clipper I've been wanting, but thats ok. I'll settle on some Nub Habanos and a new baby boy.

"Long ashes my friends."