Home General Discussion

Oh maduros, how I love you!

TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
I was smoking a Fuente Anejo a couple days ago and kept staring at the cigar lovingly. I am such a maduro ****. I love that slightly sweet and rich flavors you get with a really well balanced maduro. My favorites (in no particular order)

LFD DL Maduro
Padron 1964 maduro
Arturo Fuente Anejo
Camacho Triple Maduro
262 Paradigm
El Triunfador (original blend)

And an honorable mention to the AJ Fernandez blends that use the Pennsylvania Broadleaf Maduro wrappers like the Diesel and the AAA. I wouldn't put those in quite the same league as the ones above, but they are close!

What are your favorites?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    You forgot one.. padron 80th maduro!!!
  • turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    I have to agree. I've found maduros to be more mild and smooth than other wrappers.

Love the Padron 64' too.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Considering I've yet to have any of the ones on your list I'd probably have to go Diesel.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Love me some maduro........ my all time fav is the 262. The Ashton maduro last night was a pretty damn nice smoke also.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Love me some maduro........ my all time fav is the 262. The Ashton maduro last night was a pretty damn nice smoke also.
    on my try list!

So far the only maduros I've had are nub, 262, and oliva...enjoyed em all. on my try list are the Ashton maduro and Avo maduro.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yum. I smoked one when my daughter was born. Fabulous cigar. Though, I didn't find it all that different from the 1964 Maduro, and at close to three times as expensive I don't think I'll be buying more. I've got one left, though. Perhaps I'll change my mind after smoking the next one.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Most Underrated Maduro Cigar Ever:

Oliveros XL Double Maduro.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    camacho SLR maduro
    LFD double ligero maduro
    Camacho triple maduro
    Partagas Black.

again, no order really .
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    LFD DL Maduro as well for me, I really love this stick
    Fuente Anejo is my absolute all time Favorite
    Camacho Triple Maduro
    Oliva G Maddy in the robusto or Special G sizes
    Perdomo Habano Maduro
    Ccom Red Label is really good in the corona size
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yum. I smoked one when my daughter was born. Fabulous cigar. Though, I didn't find it all that different from the 1964 Maduro, and at close to three times as expensive I don't think I'll be buying more. I've got one left, though. Perhaps I'll change my mind after smoking the next one.
    interesting, for some reason I enjoyed the 80th more.. well good news for you.. lol.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    LFD DL Maduro as well for me, I really love this stick
    Fuente Anejo is my absolute all time Favorite
    Camacho Triple Maduro
    Oliva G Maddy in the robusto or Special G sizes
    Perdomo Habano Maduro
    Ccom Red Label is really good in the corona size
    forgot to add the 262 Paradigm
    phobicsquirrel:
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:
    interesting, for some reason I enjoyed the 80th more.. well good news for you.. lol.
    Great news, right? $10 cigar that is out of this world fantastic to me. It's quite nice to be able to afford to smoke my favorite cigar more often than once in a blue moon.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Hi ...my name is gmill880 an I'm a maduro addict hahaha ...the AF Anejo is my all time favorite , more specifically the AF Anejo #77 Shark .
    Where are the 262's available from ?
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I'm a big fan of all of the PA Broadleaf maduros I've had so far. Also love the Padron 64 mad, the Nub mad. Dying to try the Fuente Anejo.
    gmill880:
    Here you go
    TatuajeVI:
    gmill880:
    Here you go

Thanks Phil ...these sound like they would be my kinda smoke. I'll def be ordering some. The t-shirts look cool too. Thanks, Gene
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    bacon.jay:
    Most Underrated Maduro Cigar Ever:

Oliveros XL Double Maduro.

I have a few of these and am stoked to try them! I haven't had any of the really high end sticks yet, but a few of my fav's are A. Fernadez Sig maduro, Diesel, 5 Vegas AAA, CAO Anniversary Maduro, and the new La Aroma de Cuba blend to name a few. I love maduro's too!
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I love those maduros too. Right now the nub is just totally nailing it for me. Gonna have to put the Hoyo 1066 Dark Knights on there too. I finally have a few camacho 3X to call my own, pretty excited to try those. As mentioned above the PA broadleaf on diesel, AAA is also awesome.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    bigharpoon:
    Considering I've yet to have any of the ones on your list I'd probably have to go Diesel.
    ^this!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I smoked a Cain Maduro last Sat. night, great taste, even burn. Probably one of the best maduros I've had in awhile. I would have to say my favorite Maduro is either the Camacho Triple Maduro, or Padron 80th anniv. maduro...however, that might change once I some one of my Padron Family Reserves.

"Long ashes my friends."

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I've really enjoyed Diesels and El Triunfadors. Some other favorites have been IT SF, 5 Vegas A and AAA, and 262.
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Tat, have you tried an Ashton Aged Maduro? They are pricey, but far and away THE BEST maduro I have ever had bar none! If you enjoy maduros, you owe it to yourself to give this one a whirl.

gdsim1:
    Tat, have you tried an Ashton Aged Maduro? They are pricey, but far and away THE BEST maduro I have ever had bar none! If you enjoy maduros, you owe it to yourself to give this one a whirl.

I haven't tried this one yet. I'll see if I can find them locally. Thanks for the recommendation!
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    hey guys im new to the forum and i have to say im a maduro *** also, havent tried those that you have but i have smoked some cohiba black cao brazilia,mx2 rocky patel double maduro indian tobac super fuerte to name a few i have way to many that i tried but i always go back to the brazilia so i guess thats my fave good smoking guys
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I have to agree with all of you. I also have an unhealthy attraction to maduro cigars. However I will put this out to you guys since you alot more maduro knowledge than I do. What about the LHC Oscuro Fuerte? I was thinking about just picking up a box of these, for the price I dont see how you can go wrong, even if I dont like them they can be guest sticks. But any thoughts on them would be apreciated.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Had a Padron 1964 Anni Maduro last night. Holy crap.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    many people have said Camacho tripple maduro.
    Camacho does a very good job at maduros. it does not surprise me that the triple is one of the Forums favorites.

remember though that camacho has many other maduro cigars. the SLR maduro is great. the Diploma Maduro is great. Coyolar Puro has a maduro wrapper (if i remember correctly) the liberty (07) has a maduro wrapper

if you like the triple maduro, then seriously, look at the other camacho maduros. the way camacho handles maduro is one of the reasons why camacho is in my top three brands
    I haven't had one of the Diploma Maduros yet, Kuzi. You're recommended that one to me before and I keep forgetting to grab a couple.
    docbp87:
    Had a Padron 1964 Anni Maduro last night. Holy crap.
    Heh. I smoked one tonight. I know just how you feel.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    website...i think smokerevolution or somthing like that. or you can contact jsnake. i got a few from him, and had the robusto...very good smoke!