Home Cigar 101

Humidifier Placement

gio164gio164 Posts: 180
I have a 200ct humidor, where should I place the humidifier, at the top or bottom of my humidor? Does humid air rise or fall?
Thanks

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Humid air rises since it's lighter than dry air (Wikipedia)
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I'd do a search on this in the forum, pretty sure it came up a time or two. I never like to attach the humidifier. Also highly recommend some beads if you aren't already using them.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    ...however, in a 200ct humidor i dont think it will make much of a difference. if we were talkin 2000ct humidor....

thats a different story.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I have a 150 ct. My humidifiers are attached to the tray. No issues with the sticks below. Still plan on getting beads though and replacing the foam humidifier. If your too worried you can also throw some drymistat tubes in as well. I know some do that as well.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Related question to the drymistat tubes or the bead tubes. Does anyone store cigars on top of them or do you guys try and keep the tubes on top?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    kuzi16:
    xmacro:
    ...however, in a 200ct humidor i dont think it will make much of a difference. if we were talkin 2000ct humidor....

thats a different story.
    True; however, I have a 300 count and notice a slight difference (65% on the bottom, 67% on top) - so the difference is there, though it doesn't matter much

sightunseen:
    Related question to the drymistat tubes or the bead tubes. Does anyone store cigars on top of them or do you guys try and keep the tubes on top?
    I use bead tubes and put them on top of the cigars or on the trays, though in my case, the bead tubes are kept dry and act as a control/back-up for my cigar oasis, so YMMV