Home General Discussion
Options

If I were to try a Graycliff, which should it be?

I have a 1666 sitting and have been wanting to smoke it for a while. However - in the reviews forum, there was a lot of negative feedback to this cigar and people suggested for new Graycliff smokers not to start with it. So... What should be the first Graycliff I should try? Which one is the best and gives the best rap for the brand? Just so you know - I don't like very full bodied cigars and am more of a medium to medium-full smoker...

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Try the Professionale. This is the only "legit" Graycliff I've tried and it was very enjoyable. Body is right there at around medium. Really need to check out their other blends.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    If the 1666 has been in your humi for a while than I would give her a ride. You've been smoking long enough to know how to handle it and appreciate the tastyness. The 1666 can be unreliable out of the bag, but if shes rested for more than 3 months than I would say she's good to be enjoyed. Keep your eyes out for construction issues, but other than that. Smoke and enjoy
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    The Professional is good, so is the Double Espresso. (though I think I've only smoked one of each) I haven't smoked the G2, so I'm not sure about that one.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    So far the G2 Turbo is the best one I have smoked.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the G2 Turbo and the 1666 a lot. Both were very enjoyable, had great taste and burned well.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I haven't had great luck with the non-Bahama-made Graycliffs. My suggestion would be to try either the Blue label (professional) or the Red label (original), I think those are the most accessible for any palate.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Im with Jozr....stay away from the "internet" Graycliffs and go with the ones you can get at your local B&Ms. They are pricey, but they are the main line's for the brand and the best tasting----any they better be for 14+ per stick.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I've seen the "real" Graycliffs bundled in samplers for a decent price. Keep your eyes open.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I purchased a bunch of the double espresso when they were on sale.....I weep that I didn't purchase more. Next time I'm going balls to the wall.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Theedge:
    I purchased a bunch of the double espresso when they were on sale.....I weep that I didn't purchase more. Next time I'm going balls to the wall.
    Same here. I should have blown my entire cigar budget for the next six months when they were running that.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Thanks for the input guys! I think I will start by buying one Professional and one G2 from my local shop. However, I will also smoke my 1666 since (as it was pointed out) it seems to have rested enough. Thanks for the input! I wasn't even aware that the 1666 is an "internet" blend not from the Bahamas...
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I hated the 1666 and really enjoyed the G2 Turbo. It really kicks in about halfway and builds some power and gets some flavor. I have never had a Double Espresso but hear that it's a phenomenal stick
  • Options
    WoodyOWoodyO Posts: 12
    A buddy of mine just returned from a trip to the Bahamas and he brought me back a Graycliff Chateau Gran Cru that he picked up in the airport there. They're a bit too pricey for me to justify a box purchase right now. I may just try a box of the G2's instead.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    So I had the 1666 last night and.... tossed it about a third in... :/ It had a horrible burn, going out all the time, and honestly - the flavors did not work for me to warrant a struggle till the end... so disappointed - especially since it had some rest! I will however go now with a professionale and G2.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Oh man. Sorry to hear that. I have had 3 of these and 2 were awesome and 1 was horrible. I guess that as good as it can be. It's probably not worth the risk of how bad it can be
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    not a greycliff fan but I did like the g2 and I had one double espresso which was flavorful but horrible burn. I'm hoping after some rest the other 4 will burn better. I will pick more of them up on another dd that's for sure.