Home General Discussion
Options

Building a walk-in.

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    fantastic job there. absolutely gorgeous.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    vines62:
    I built one in my basement last year. My materials were a little under 3k however the walk in is much smaller than what you would see in a store. I started with a concrete room about 6x8. I framed it out, added electricial, put i a vapor barrier, added green board, then spanish cedar sheets, then spanish cedar shelving....turned out pretty good. I will post picture if i can figure out how...
    go to image shack, go to upload photo, then select the photo on your hard drive and hit upload. Copy and past the link (it will give you a few to choose from) and put that link in this thread.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Got quite a bit done, wrapped all the walls in cedar and trimmed out the window and door.

• Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Thats beautiful Cabbi. I probably would have got the boot for smoking all the inventory!

When I win the lotto I'll fly you up to build one for me...never hurts to dream right
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Thats beautiful Cabbi. I probably would have got the boot for smoking all the inventory!

When I win the lotto I'll fly you up to build one for me...never hurts to dream right
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Looking good! I alway love reading about what and how people build cigar rooms. It gives me some good ideas for when I build out mine.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I haven't had the chance/urge to update this til now. Got a coffee bar done, and sealed off the ceiling in the walk-in.
    imageimage

• Options
    Well, got the ceiling tiles cut and installed, trimmed out and sealed up as tight as an acoustic ceiling can be. I'll be putting in the humidifyer and shelving tomorrow. image
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    wow, beautiful work.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    nice work brother...
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    OH SNAP! Almost done Cabi! Lookin great brother. I'm gonna fire you a pm in a few with something I think you might be interested in.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cabi, you do amazing work. I need to give Bill a call and check in with him.
  • Options
    The walk-in is done, ready for humidification. image All that's needed is for the plumber to run a water line for the humidifyer. Shelving will go up this weekend, a small dividing wall will be added just outside the humidor and this one is done.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Stellar work!
  • Options
    vines62:
    I built one in my basement last year. My materials were a little under 3k however the walk in is much smaller than what you would see in a store. I started with a concrete room about 6x8. I framed it out, added electricial, put i a vapor barrier, added green board, then spanish cedar sheets, then spanish cedar shelving....turned out pretty good. I will post picture if i can figure out how...
    Would really love to see this, thinking about doing this myself..
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    wow, how long does it take to season that sucker! Thats a lot of wiping down;)
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    wow, how long does it take to season that sucker! Thats a lot of wiping down;)
    Nah, I just dumped all the lumber in a lake for a day, then nailed it up wet...;)
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Great thread and super work cabi!
  • Options
    Opening on Monday, I'll post pictures later of the stocked up walk-in.
  • Options
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    NICE!!!! Now the have as much as you...lol

Great work man!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Nice, man! If I were there, I'd be like a kid in a candy store. Don't suppose I could get an estimate on a 150 count humidor? :P
  • Options
    I see the 262 Paradigms! SWEETNESS. Is the move complete?
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Yep, tomorrow morning they open in a new location. Much nicer than where they moved from.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats on finishing the beautiful walk-in Cabi! Super impressive work!!
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    jsnake:
    Yep, tomorrow morning they open in a new location. Much nicer than where they moved from.
    Very nice work by the way.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I could smell it just looking at the pics
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    looks great cabi, congratulations! those look sooo good
  • Options
    I finally got around to taking some better pictures. Here's one as you walk in:

Here's one as you look back toward the front of the store. Punch guards the door.

Some better shots of the humidor:

The coffee bar:

And the outside of the walk-in:

• Options
    Phenominal work!