Home General Discussion

Clearance review?

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
I just found a Gurkha Turk for 4 bucks a stick and the Padilla Hybrid on clearance along with a Rocky Patel. Any opinions? I know the Gurkha Turk is a bit iffy for a lot of people, but I haven't heard too much about the others.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The Turk made the forums list of top mild smokes.
    What RP are we talking about?

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    The RPs I'm looking at are the Royal Vintage and the Summer Collection 2008.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Royal Vintage is a nice smooth cigar with good flavors that won't know you on your ass.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    The Gurkha Turk is one of my favorites. I have two left with a year on em if you would like one to try.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I had a Turk the other day. It was great !
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I thought the Turk was a nice mild cigar the few times I've had them...for more of my thoughts on that cigar consult madurofan's signature. :)

Didn't much care for the Royal Vintage, but then again I'm not the biggest fan of Rocky Patel cigars 'round these parts.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a few of the original release Royal Vintages. They had too many construction issues for me to enjoy them. The flavor I did get was pleasant though.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Padilla Hybrid is also a mild stick. It is OK, nothing bad about it, but did not live up to any hype it received
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I've had a Turk, didn't like it, although I wouldn't mind a revisit. I really dig the Royal Vintage though. Great tasting medium stick.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    i really enjoyed the Padilla Hybrid. been a while since i had one pretty sure i have about 20 or so resting. they're mild-med. good smoke on the cheap.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    I had a few of the original release Royal Vintages. They had too many construction issues for me to enjoy them. The flavor I did get was pleasant though.
    Diddo. I bought a 5 pack of these right when they came out. Horrible burn issues on these cigars. Probably the worst canoing I have ever seen on a cigar. Although, the flavor was pretty good if you like the RP 90s. To me, it was a blend between the 90 and 92s. If the construction of the cigars weren't a problem, I would definitely pick myself up a box of these.

"Long ashes my friends."

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I really like the Turk. I agree with joz3r about the Turk, it tastes less like a Gurkha and more like a normal cigar.

Krieg:
    Russ55:
    Diddo. I bought a 5 pack of these right when they came out. Horrible burn issues on these cigars. Probably the worst canoing I have ever seen on a cigar. Although, the flavor was pretty good if you like the RP 90s. To me, it was a blend between the 90 and 92s. If the construction of the cigars weren't a problem, I would definitely pick myself up a box of these.
    I got the variety sampler from the clearance section here and have yet to have a construction issue. It's a great price and it get's my recommendation!
    Duder2:
    Krieg:
    Russ55:
    I got the variety sampler from the clearance section here and have yet to have a construction issue. It's a great price and it get's my recommendation!
    Ok, Duder...I really liked the flavor of these smokes and saw your post and decided to give them another try...hope I'm not disappointed or I'm coming after you!! Good thing these also have some good age on them now. Ccom started selling these about a year or two ago.

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    Duder2:
    Krieg:
    Russ55:
    Ok, Duder...I really liked the flavor of these smokes and saw your post and decided to give them another try...hope I'm not disappointed or I'm coming after you!! Good thing these also have some good age on them now. Ccom started selling these about a year or two ago.
    Hope you enjoy! I've smoked 5 or 6 of the 20 count sampler now and they have all been great. The one I sent out in the mystery stick game also got good marks for construction so I'm confident that you will like them :^)
    Duder2:
    Krieg:
    Duder2:
    Krieg:
    Russ55:
    Hope you enjoy! I've smoked 5 or 6 of the 20 count sampler now and they have all been great. The one I sent out in the mystery stick game also got good marks for construction so I'm confident that you will like them :^)
    Good deal, I'm feeling little better about my purchase now :)

"Long ashes my friends."