Home Ratings & Reviews

AVO LE10

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
All I can say is "wow." Fantastic cigar, unbelievable flavor. It made me sit up and take notice. This is my first AVO, but will not be my last. Tasted like the Decade did at first, but with a bit more pop and pepper. The Mexican binder, in my mind, really shines. I am incredibly impressed with this cigar. Anyone else tried this, or have any lines on some deals for this stogie?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Great cigar, I had my first one shortly after they were released and I went and bought two boxes of them. I love Avo cigars in general, and this one really shines. One thing I'd say though is don't expect other Avo cigars to be very similar, this one is a lot stronger than most Avo cigars and I think the flavors are a lot bolder whereas most Avo cigars play on subtlety.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i am jealous of you both. i have a feeling that if i dont get one soon it will be on my *uck*t list.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Kuz, I can get you some but they are 22.50 apiece here.
    They totally sell them on cigar.com. I just bought a box. I wasn't sure if I should use a happy face for awesome cigars, or a sad face for minus a buck forty?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    betasynn:
    They totally sell them on cigar.com. I just bought a box. I wasn't sure if I should use a happy face for awesome cigars, or a sad face for minus a buck forty?
    I'm buying one on Monday!!!
    betasynn:
    Kuz, I can get you some but they are 22.50 apiece here.
    ill pass for now. its not the availability thats holding me back... its other pending purchases.
  • vines62vines62 Posts: 4
    I picked up two boxes of these at an AVO meet and greet. This cigar is the tops. I think it is a bit pricey but it is a good smoke. I do like that they pack them 10 to a box as well.
    joe.
    you rule.
    i have nothing else to say.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    would you be willing to work out a trade for a couple?
    Yeah, always willing to trade with an esteemed BoTL! I don't think I've traded with you before.
    sweet. Actually I picked one up at my local shop this morning in fact. I'm down with a trade but first I think I should try this bad boy. Especially since no reason to trade away a cigar that I may not like, and you do. lol.
    Very good point. I love this cigar, and I really hope you do as well!
    I'm hoping to light this puppy up this weekend, weather is suppose to be good. I was wondering though, anyone care to compare this to the AVO 80th?
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'm hoping to light this puppy up this weekend, weather is suppose to be good. I was wondering though, anyone care to compare this to the AVO 80th?
    I noticed very few similarities between the two.
    So would you say the hair raising high price that the 80th carries is worth it? Considering the LE10 is cheaper and more widely available?
    That's a hard call to make to be honest with you. I've only had one 80th, and based on that one experience I'd say no, but only because one thing about the flavor profile was not to my liking and that was a very strong anise flavor that drowned out everything else...so for me it's a personal taste thing, others may not feel the same way.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I just had one of these. Fantastic smoke. Very complex, flavorful, and smelled wonderful. Good strength too. I didn't really try and pick apart the flavor. Instead I just enjoyed it. Great after dinner smoke. I agree with whoever said it's reminiscent of the original decade. I'm buying a box or two I think.
    I guess I'm in the minority on this. I wasn't very impressed with the 2010. Plus factor in the price which I paid like 13 something for it but I've heard it is more. I dunno, AVO has been hit mostly for me. I like the maduro but that is about it from the main line and now this 2010. I still want to try the avo 22 but I doubt I'll get the chance.