Home Cigar 101

new humidor wanted

vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
i have a 25 ct humi. got it as a gift cause i smoke a couple a week. I want to get a bigger humi...um need a bigger humi...its full for now. im thinking 125 ct. or so. what brand or make do you suggest....i dont want to buy junk

Comments

• BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    Vegas you have a PM
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Get a 300 count! You'll regret it if you don't.

• aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    go bigger u think we are all crazy for saying it but trust me go bigger u will regret buying that one because in a month or so it will be full and you will be asking the same question again, i would go at least 300. i know it sounds like a lot bit do it you wont regret it
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    aron325:
    go bigger u think we are all crazy for saying it but trust me go bigger u will regret buying that one because in a month or so it will be full and you will be asking the same question again, i would go at least 300. i know it sounds like a lot bit do it you wont regret it
    +1 You will be at 300 before you need it bro, and thats no lie. I have a Treasure Dome that I've been very happy with, holds a nice steady RH, easy to organize and pretty nice looking to boot. Cant ask for too much more than that... until they make a 500ct Treasure Dome anyway... :-D

• minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    The Sniper:
    aron325:
    +1 You will be at 300 before you need it bro, and thats no lie. I have a Treasure Dome that I've been very happy with, holds a nice steady RH, easy to organize and pretty nice looking to boot. Cant ask for too much more than that... until they make a 500ct Treasure Dome anyway... :-D

+1. Bought a 50ct to start with. Less than a month later I got the dome. Great humi.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive posted this before:

if you are looking for a 50 count because you want to be able to buy a box, then go with a 300ct.
    if you are looking for a 150ct because you will "never need that many cigars" then buy a 1200ct.
    if you are looking for a 1000ct because it will be a good end table, buy a 5,000ct cabinet.
    if you are looking for a cabinet, just build a walk in.
    if you are looking to build a walk in, just buy yourself your own shop.
    if you already have your own shop, quit your ****!!
  • aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    kuzi16:
    ive posted this before:

if you are looking for a 50 count because you want to be able to buy a box, then go with a 300ct.
    if you are looking for a 150ct because you will "never need that many cigars" then buy a 1200ct.
    if you are looking for a 1000ct because it will be a good end table, buy a 5,000ct cabinet.
    well said sir. well said
  • bocardsbocards Posts: 32
    Haha !!! Too funny :)
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    There is a universal physical law that cigars always increase / multiply to fill all available humidor space plus 20%! It doesn't matter what size you buy, you will fill it to the gills and have a couple of tupperdores running anyway :)

Seriously, and I wish I had done this ......... consider the following :-

Do you plan to "rest" cigars you aquire for a period of time before you smoke them?
    I do, for 90 days, although I sometimes break it especially if I know they have been well maintained, where I got them from.

How many do you smoke? A day? Week? Month? etc.

How many do you acquire or intend to over a set period of time?

How often do you find yourself saying I wish I could buy that CCOM DDD but don't have room?

If you do an honest and logical assessment of all the above then add 20% you should be close.

But then, you're probably still going to fill it and find yourself saying "I need a bigger humi" if you are anything like me and alot of the other BOTL on here !!!! :)

• MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    ive posted this before:

LMAO, kuzi, that's so true!!!!

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    kuzi16:
    ive posted this before:

Wise beyond his tender years, Yoda is! :-D
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    If you are in the market for a new humi, go big! check out this thread... http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/149454.aspx

And from what I hear, if you let him be the first to smoke in there you get the labor for free! (aint that right cabi...?)
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I went from a 40 and a couple of 20's to a 125 and thought I was set. Wrong!. I now need a 300. Go big bro!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I started out thinking I needed a nice 50 ct....... Then I decided I needed a 15oct....... Then I got an itching for a 1000 ct.........I've also dreamed of a walk-in.......

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that will ever be big enough for me is the Ccom/Ci/Cbid warehouse.......

Or the Astrodome converted into a humidor......

Whichever.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    lilwing88:
    I started out thinking I needed a nice 50 ct....... Then I decided I needed a 15oct....... Then I got an itching for a 1000 ct.........I've also dreamed of a walk-in.......

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that will ever be big enough for me is the Ccom/Ci/Cbid warehouse.......

Whichever.....

In addition to being a cigar enthusiast I'm also an amatuer evil scientist. Currently I have the laboratory (and all henchmen) dedicated to building a weather modification machine that will maintain the Earth's relative humidity and temperature at 68%/70F respecitvely.

Then, the WORLD will be my humidor. It will the the world's first, and only, Walk-Out humidor which I will gladly share with all the fine BOTL's here.

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    doromath:
    lilwing88:

Whichever.....

In addition to being a cigar enthusiast I'm also an amatuer evil scientist. Currently I have the laboratory (and all henchmen) dedicated to building a weather modification machine that will maintain the Earth's relative humidity and temperature at 68%/70F respecitvely.

Then, the WORLD will be my humidor. It will the the world's first, and only, Walk-Out humidor which I will gladly share with all the fine BOTL's here.

You forgot the "MWAHAHAHAHA!!!" at the end. Geez, what kind of evil scientist are you??? Amateurs.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Why, an amatuer one of course!

My science is strong, it's just the evil part that needs work! I blame it on unionized henchmen.

Also, may I refer you to Rule 20?