Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Ok - Too Funny: Now what sticks don't taste like goats ass??

That thread was too funny. Now tell me what sticks are the best for the money? What doesn't taste like goats ass?

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Anything not in the goats ass thread:)
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Most complex, flavorful sticks I've ever had:

Alec Bradley Tempus
    Padilla Dominus
    Padron 1964
    My Father le Bijou 1922
    Illusione MJ12
    GOF Don Carlos

None of those are every-day smokes, and a few of them are certainly in the super-premium price bracket... but I consider every one of them to be worth every penny.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Most complex, flavorful sticks I've ever had:

Alec Bradley Tempus
    Padilla Dominus
    Padron 1964
    My Father le Bijou 1922
    Illusione MJ12
    GOF Don Carlos

None of those are every-day smokes, and a few of them are certainly in the super-premium price bracket... but I consider every one of them to be worth every penny.
    These are some pretty amazing smokes! But, I feel like the Tempus could very easily be had as an everyday smoke. I have a bunch of them that I got for about $4 each. All you gotta do is call Jeff Jackson and he can hook you up!
  • Options
    I've only tried the Padron 1964 here. I had a 1926 last weekend that was great, but not sure it was worth the price difference. Regardless of price, I think anything from Padron is great.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    youdaman10:
    I've only tried the Padron 1964 here. I had a 1926 last weekend that was great, but not sure it was worth the price difference. Regardless of price, I think anything from Padron is great.
    Even their regularly priced smokes are great for the money. The '64s are phenominal and the '26s are what I would expect from a $20 smoke. I guess what I am saying is, at the very least you will get what you pay for from a Padron.
  • Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Best "under $20 stick" for me is hands-down the Padilla Signature 1932. You're still gonna pay a good buck for one, but they are excellent!

Gurkha Titan II's are gonna cost you around $20 a pop, but definitely worth it!

In the mood for a maduro? Ashton Aged Maduro will cost you around $10 for a robusto - but the smile on your face after you finish will be priceless!

• Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I had a Padron 64 a week or so ago at the Lit cigar lounge in Snoqualmie. It was good, but paled in comparison to the El Cobre that I smoked after it! So far the El Cobre churchill with 5 years on it takes my #1 best stick ever! It was also the second real cigar I ever smoked almost a year ago. I had a Camacho PE that was also very good, but not quite worth full price. The Tatuaje Drac was really good too. For milds I have to give props to the RP signature lancero, best mild I've had yet and wows me every time.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    ejenne87:
    These are some pretty amazing smokes! But, I feel like the Tempus could very easily be had as an everyday smoke. I have a bunch of them that I got for about $4 each. All you gotta do is call Jeff Jackson and he can hook you up!
    Well, yeah! But they retail closer to 10$ a piece, which for me puts it a little out of daily smoke range. I've grabbed them in sales for around 4$/stick before as well. You just gotta know when and where to get them.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    My picks
    Oliva Sere V
    Gurkha Centurian
    Almost anything DPG

• Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    MOW Ruination
    Diesel
    Cu-Avana Intenso
    RP Vintage
    JDN Antano
    LFD Airbender
    LFD DL
    5 Vegas Miami Knuckle
    Perdomo Edicion de Silvio

Only one of those are over $10, and its' the Perdomo, which is about $30, but worth every penny to me. The rest can be had through DD's or even retail for $5 a stick or so.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    DPG Cuban Classic
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    262 Paradigm (especially for what u can get a box for on their site), ,R.P. Vint. 1990 ,CAO L’Anniversaire Cameroon None real cheap, but I consider worth it.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Anything Arturo Fuente...... Can't go wrong.

Or anything associated with AJ Fernandez or Pete Johnson. Two guys at the top of their games.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am severely biased but here we go

262 Paradigm
    5 Vegas Cask Strength II
    Gurkha Warlord
    Gurkha Legend
    La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros
    Alec Bradley Tempus
    Alec Bradley Prensado
    CAO LaTraviata
  • Options
    Ok, looking above, there are several with which I agree. All things Padron, R.P. Vint 1990, CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon (I also love the maduro).

Better yet, I see quite a few sticks I've not tried. Looks like it is time to order again.